carpool to Catalina Chord Club

  • Lenore Chudd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2010
      Hi, I'm looking to carpool with someone to the Catalina Chord Club event in Redondo Beach this Sunday, July 25, 6:30 to 9pm. Ready, Willing & Mabel are hosting and Swing Shift will be featured this month (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvqwcxoI0eA and www.swingshiftvoices.com ) . My name is Lenore, 310-598-5368 (home), and I live in Mt. Washington, which is north of downtown L.A. and south of Glendale. I will contribute gas money. Thank you. Here's a description of the monthly event that I wrote up:

      The Catalina Chord Club is an a cappella open mic night, hosted by the wonderful quartet Ready Willing & Mabel ( www.readywillingmabel.com ). It is held on the fourth (or final) Sunday of the month from 6:30 to 9:00pm at the Catalina Coffee Company in Redondo Beach. There is no cover charge or minimum and a light menu is available. I recommend getting there early to get a good (or any, for that matter) seat as it is a popular event. A cappella groups of 3-8, any style, are welcome. Contact Kate Walker of Ready, Willing and Mabel at Kate@... to get onto an email notification list and to schedule a group for performance.

      Catalina Coffee Company
      126 N. Catalina Ave.
      Redondo Beach
      www.catalinacoffee.com
      310-318-2499

      It's close to the Redondo Beach pier. I highly recommend Kincaid's Fish, Chop and Steak House on the pier for an early romantic dinner overlooking the ocean. The decor is art deco and the food is wonderful (the sauces are out of this world). You can see their menus online here: http://www.kincaids.com/index.php?cook=1&locations=Redondo+Beach