New semipro group in SoCal looking for members

  • michaeles85
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2010
      Hi everybody!

      A friend and I have decided to start an a cappella group in the Northern Los Angeles County / Ventura County area, and we're trying to see if there's any interest in joining us for this new venture! We're hoping to be a semi-pro group... which is to say, we don't plan to quit our day jobs at this point, but we do plan to get gigs that will pay us once we've established ourselves and built up a repertoire.

      Important details:
      We've got three guys at this point (bari, bass, tenor). Ideally, we're looking for one more man to be primarily vocal percussion with occasional forays into the vocals, and three women: one each of mezzo, alto, and soprano. If one or more of the women also kick bass on VP, we certainly wouldn't complain... =)

      Thanks!
    • michaeles85
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
        Hi everybody!

        A friend and I have decided to start an a cappella group in the Northern Los Angeles County / Ventura County area, and we're trying to see if there's any interest in joining us for this new venture!

        We're hoping to be a semi-pro group... which is to say, we don't plan to quit our day jobs at this point, but we do plan to get gigs that will pay us once we've established ourselves and built up a repertoire.

        Important details:
        We've got three guys at this point (bari, bass, tenor). Ideally, we're looking for one more man to be primarily vocal percussion with occasional forays into the vocals, and three women: one each of mezzo, alto, and soprano. If one or more of the women also kick bass on VP, we certainly wouldn't complain... =)

        Update: Auditions will be this weekend by appointment - we've discovered that we also need a bass, so the total lineup of parts we're hoping to hear is:
        VP, Bass, Mezzo, Alto, Soprano. If you're interested, please let us know at the e-address above!

        Thanks!!