Project Harmony - FREE a cappella workshop coming to Pasadena

  • sagehenkal47
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2010
      On Thursday, March 18, an all-day a cappella music festival for young women, Project Harmony, is being held at the Pasadena Convention Center -- and you're invited to come fill the hall with music!**

      Sponsored by Region 21 Sweet Adelines, Project Harmony will present songs to be sung in four-part barbershop style and include classes in vocal production and showmanship. Participants will get to meet young women from across the Southwest, sing together, learn performance skills and, at the end of the day, perform together on a show!

      The classes will be led by experienced musicians under the leadership of guest faculty Dede Nibler, director of the Voices United Chorus in Fresno, CA., a multiple international quartet medalist, and a regional chorus and quartet champion.

      And the best news: the entire Project Harmony event -- morning classes, lunch, afternoon classes and the evening performance -- will all be free of charge to the participants! That's a day of exciting, interactive music education for FREE, thanks to our sponsors!

      Upon registering, all the Project Harmony participants will get music and learning tracks for the songs to be sung to be prepared for the day.

      Participants in Project Harmony should be girls aged from 12-25. If they are under age 18, they will need permission slips and a designated chaperone for the day.

      If you would like to register for Project Harmony, please e-mail Jana Gutenson at jgutenson@... and request your Project Harmony registration materials. And we look forward to seeing you in Pasadena on March 18th!

      -- Kathy Wright
      Marketing Coordinator
      Sweet Adelines Region 21
      sagehenkal47@...

      ** In case you were wondering why we have spaces available at this great event, we just found out that several schools who were participating have had to cancel at the last minute as their transportation budget had been cut because of California's budget crisis.