The MATZ is dead... long live the MATZ!

  • Allen Corben
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2001
      Howdy everyone!

      In case you missed our VERY LAST show ever, here are some
      pictures. Patrick is wailing on "Gimme Some Lovin'" in one,
      and the next is a quick photo with all the past and present
      members who had come. Current members are all dressed in
      black, and alumna are those who apparently didn't get the
      memo. Both video cameras cut out on the last song, but we
      were very glad that the still camera caught the emotional
      encore of our final song "The Lord Bless You and Keep You".

      We had a rousing good time, and we're all glad we had such a
      nice turnout for our 9-year anniversary, and our third (and
      final) farewell performance.

      I don't imagine that I'll be using this email list again,
      but I won't delete it right away. If you would like a
      program from our final show, I'd be glad to send you a copy.
      I'm digging up addresses of all former members, and I'll
      send them copies anyway, so if you're an alum who didn't
      show, expect mail from me over the summer!

      The website www.thematz.com will be up for, I hope, at
      least three years, or until our rights to the domain name
      expire, or something like that.

      If you have any questions, or submissions, or would just
      like to give a eulogy, feel free to contact me.

      Thanks to Fuller for the use of rehearsal space free of
      charge. Thanks to you all for your support at all our shows.
      Thank you, and good night.

      --
      Allen