American Harmony Los Angeles Screenings
- This message is going out to the contact addresses of a number of LA-area acappella groups and choral organizations, and the la-acappella Yahoo group. I would greatly appreciate it if you would make other acappella fans aware of this event.
The award-winning documentary film American Harmony will be screening at the Landmark Theater in Los Angeles (on West Pico at Westwood Blvd.) March 4 @7:30pm and March 6 @10am.
Information and advance tickets for the LA screenings can be found on the Landmark's web site:
Details about the movie can be found at the main movie web site, our Facebook Fan page, and our release schedule pin map. You can also keep up with announcements by following @americanharmony on Twitter:
You can view the movie trailer at the main web site or on YouTube:
"It's a battle of the bands, barbershop-style! This is truly the must-see music doc of 2009." - Chris Gore, FILM THREAT
"Inspiring, entertaining, toe-tapping fun! The audience literally cheers during the film ... a crowd-pleasing triumph!" - SEDONA INTERNATIONAL FILM
"Compulsively funny, insightful and entertaining ... it's this year's KING OF KONG!" - THE FILM TALK.COM
Every year, thousands compete in the world's greatest singing competition...that you've never heard of!
AMERICAN HARMONY journeys deep into the ultra-obsessive, zany and heartfelt world of competitive barbershop singing, where passion is only equaled by raw talent, and the reward is not fame or glory, but simply victory.
The film focuses on four quartets vying to win the International Championship of Barbershop Singing, in what turns out to be the closest and most controversial victory in its 70 year history.
MAX Q is the heavy favorite - a superstar quartet comprised of former champions. Looking to upset them is OC TIMES (The Heartthrobs), VOCAL SPECTRUM (The Rookies), and REVEILLE, an aging foursome with two members who have sung together for almost 30 years.
Every year, 50 quartets battle it out for the coveted gold medal, while facing the pressures of quartet life - from giant egos to brain cancer and everything in between. To win, it's not enough to have one "Idol" - a quartet must have perfect harmony.
* WINNER: Best Documentary - San Diego Film Festival
* WINNER: Golden Ace Award - Las Vegas International Film Festival
* WINNER: Silver Lei Award - Honolulu International Film Festivals
* Runner-Up: Audience Choice Award - Sedona International Film Festival
* Official Selection - Nashville, Boulder, & Waterfront International Film Festivals
* Nominee - International Documentary Association Alan Ett Award for Best Music Documentary 2008
I hope you can make it out to see the film, and bring your family and friends!
Executive Producer, American Harmony
Certified Director, Barbershop Harmony Society
Lead Emeritus, Masters of Harmony
Lead, Pacific Coast Harmony
Senior Staff IT Engineer, Qualcomm Incorporated
San Diego, CA