All Your Bass Are Belong To Us -- Audition Opportunity for EVOLUTION

  • regbarc
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2009
      Hey, that's us on the LA Acappella page up there! Nifty! Wanna be up there?

      Evolution was (or I suppose technically still is) the 2009 LA Regional Harmony Sweepstakes winner. We've got a few concerts scheduled in the upcoming months, and a recurring monthly gig in Santa Monica so rapid learning/reading music is certainly a boon.

      About Evolution:
      We're a six-man group; Three of us are Ithacappella graduates (two helped found 'em, for Pete's sake); we're focusing on building several marketable sets for a variety of potential clients; we have been known to do a little doo-wop, but have tweaked them to function in the contemporary setting; one of us lives with Black Widows and does not fear them; Evo-meetings (two-a-week) are split between the Hollywood area and Sherman Oaks.

      About You:
      Sing low... we're not necessarily talking V.O.G. ("Voice Of Gabe", this guy I knew in Boston), but we're not counting out V.O.G.'s either!; As before- a quick and solid learner, gigs are on the books. Relaxed-professionalism is the key.

      What To Do:
      Email us at evolutionsings - at - gmail.com with the following:
      A) A list of some of your performance history, both pop a cappella and choral, if you've got it.
      2) What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
      III) Your 2 favorite songs you remember singing (either solo or as "background").
      E) Send an mp3 of you performing, produced and/or raw.
      ¿) And lastly, include the last movie you saw that you really, really liked. Personally, it was Star Trek.

      Jamie Paisley
      Evolution