Singers/Vocal Percussionists wanted

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2009
      Voxel Rox wants to grow; arrangements from old-school funk to modern
      alt-rock.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * make percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?
      Currently we're putting together a Depeche Mode medley.

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
      Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want
      talented VP/beatboxing and rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
      groove, heart-felt performances from our leads and soaring backups.

      The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league )
      offers a community of support, and we are growing an international
      presence. Our first gathering in Memphis this past summer headlined
      Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com ) The next will be in November
      coincident with SoJam in North Carolina.

      Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply
      or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

      Thanks,

      Bart
    • Barton Gawboy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2009
        Voxel Rox, a CASA league a cappella band is growing; arrangements
        from old-school funk to modern alt-rock.

        Are you a singer who likes to ...

        * make percussive noises in a groove,
        * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
        * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
        * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

        Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?
        Currently we're putting together a Depeche Mode medley, and selecting
        some modern favorites.

        Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
        Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

        Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want
        talented VP/beatboxing and rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
        groove, heart-felt performances from our leads and soaring backups.

        The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league )
        offers a community of support, and we are growing an international
        presence. Our first gathering in Memphis last summer headlined Take
        6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com ) The next will be in November
        coincident with SoJam in North Carolina.

        Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

        For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a
        reply. If you don't get a reply back, check your email filters or