Singers/Vocal Percussionists wanted

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2009
      Voxel Rox, a Contemporary A cappella League group wants to grow;
      arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-rock.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * make percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?
      Currently we're putting together a Depeche Mode medley.

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
      Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
      League group. We want talented VP/beatboxing and rhythmic singers to
      help us lay down a groove, heart-felt performances from our leads and
      soaring backups.

      The league ( http://www.casa.org/league ) offers a community of
      support, and we are growing an international presence. Our first
      gathering in Memphis this past summer headlined Take 6. ( http://
      vocalsymplosium.com ) The next will be in November coincident with
      SoJam in North Carolina.

      Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply
      or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

      Finally, we are also looking for an assistant to help in recruiting
      and development. If interested, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Bart
    • Barton Gawboy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2009
        Voxel Rox wants to grow; arrangements from old-school funk to modern
        alt-rock.

        Are you a singer who likes to ...

        * make percussive noises in a groove,
        * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
        * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
        * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

        Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?
        Currently we're putting together a Depeche Mode medley.

        Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
        Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

        Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want

        The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league )

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2009
          Voxel Rox, a CASA league a cappella band is growing; arrangements
          from old-school funk to modern alt-rock.

          Are you a singer who likes to ...

          * make percussive noises in a groove,
          * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
          * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
          * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

          Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?
          Currently we're putting together a Depeche Mode medley, and selecting
          some modern favorites.

          Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
          Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

          Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want
          talented VP/beatboxing and rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
          groove, heart-felt performances from our leads and soaring backups.

          The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league )
          offers a community of support, and we are growing an international
          presence. Our first gathering in Memphis last summer headlined Take
          6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com ) The next will be in November
          coincident with SoJam in North Carolina.

          Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

          For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a
          reply. If you don't get a reply back, check your email filters or