Singers/Vocal Percussionists wanted to grow mixed group

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2009
      Voxel Rox, a Contemporary A cappella League (CAL) group wants to
      grow; arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-rock.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * make percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
      Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
      League group. The league supports bands roughly the size of typical
      collegiate a cappella groups, 8-20. And we want more members to
      support our voice parts and get to the power we desire. Looking for
      talented VP/beatboxing or rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
      groove to get people up and dancing, heart-felt performances from our
      leads and soaring backups.

      The league ( http://www.casa.org/league ) is only one year old, and
      we are growing an international presence. Our first gathering in
      Memphis this past summer headlined Take 6. ( http://
      vocalsymplosium.com ) The next will be in Boston Aug. 1-2.

      Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply
      or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

      Finally, we are also looking for an assistant to help in recruiting
      and development. If interested, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Bart
    • Barton Gawboy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2009
        Voxel Rox, a Contemporary A cappella League (CAL) group needs more
        singers and VPs

        Are you a singer who likes to ...

        * make percussive noises in a groove,
        * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
        * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
        * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

        Do you like Red Hot Chili Peppers? Talking Heads? Tower of Power?
        Beatles?
        Performing old-school funk to modern alt-rock, or anything with
        attitude.

        Do you like making social statements?
        (After all, we are based in Venice! Though, we have members from all
        over greater LA.)

        Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
        League ( http://www.casa.org/league ) group. We need talented VP/
        beatboxing or rhythmic singers to help us lay down a groove to get
        people up and dancing. And we need heart-felt performances from our
        leads and soaring backups.