Singers/Vocal Percussionists wanted to grow mixed group

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2008
      Singers and Vocal percussionists sought for a Contemporary A cappella
      League (CAL) group; arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-
      rock, anything with a big sound; offer a variety of voice parts as
      well as multiple vocal percussion parts.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * make percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
      Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
      League group. The league supports bands roughly the size of typical
      collegiate a cappella groups, 8-20. And we need more members to
      support our voice parts and get to the power we desire. We need
      talented VP/beatboxing or rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
      groove to get people up and dancing. And we need heart-felt
      performances from our leads and soaring backups.

      The league is only one year old, and we are growing an international
      presence. Our first gathering in Memphis this past summer headlined
      Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com/ )

      Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply
      or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

      Finally, we are also looking for an assistant to help in recruiting
      and development. If interested, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Bart
    • Barton Gawboy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2009

        The league ( http://www.casa.org/league ) is only one year old, and

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2009
          Voxel Rox, a Contemporary A cappella League (CAL) group wants to
          grow; arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-rock.

          Are you a singer who likes to ...

          * make percussive noises in a groove,
          * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
          * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
          * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

          Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?

          Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
          Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

          Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
          League group. The league supports bands roughly the size of typical
          collegiate a cappella groups, 8-20. And we want more members to
          support our voice parts and get to the power we desire. Looking for
          talented VP/beatboxing or rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
          groove to get people up and dancing, heart-felt performances from our
          leads and soaring backups.

          The league ( http://www.casa.org/league ) is only one year old, and
          we are growing an international presence. Our first gathering in
          Memphis this past summer headlined Take 6. ( http://
          vocalsymplosium.com ) The next will be in Boston Aug. 1-2.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 28, 2009
            Voxel Rox, a Contemporary A cappella League (CAL) group needs more
            singers and VPs

            Are you a singer who likes to ...

            * make percussive noises in a groove,
            * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
            * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
            * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

            Do you like Red Hot Chili Peppers? Talking Heads? Tower of Power?
            Beatles?
            Performing old-school funk to modern alt-rock, or anything with
            attitude.

            League ( http://www.casa.org/league ) group. We need talented VP/