LA Vocal Band looking for singers and vocal percussionists

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2008
      SINGERS/VOCAL PERCUSSIONISTS WANTED - Fall 2008

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * make percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
      Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
      League group (CAL http://www.casa.org/content/view/831/173/ ). The
      league supports bands roughly the size of typical collegiate a
      cappella groups, 8-20. And we need more members to support our voice
      parts and get to the power we desire. We need talented VP/beatboxing
      or rhythmic singers to help us lay down a groove to get people up and
      dancing. And we need heart-felt performances from our leads and
      soaring backups.

      The league is only one year old, and we are growing an international
      presence. Our first gathering in Memphis this past summer headlined
      Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com/ )

      Next year, our get together will be combined with the 100 year
      anniversary of college a cappella in Boston. ( http://www.ac100.org/
      boston-a-cappella-summit.cfm )

      Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

      For more information on the LA group, or to arrange an audition,
      please email a reply or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

      Finally, we are also looking for an assistant to help in recruiting
      and development. If interested, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Bart