Vocal Jazz Quintet forming on the Westside

  • strategiccreative
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      (This is an update to a message I recently posted.)

      I'm an experienced amateur singer looking to put together a
      performance-oriented vocal jazz quintet (but not limited to jazz -
      anything we like that sounds good is fair game). We now have an SATB
      quartet; we would like to add a mezzo. If you're interested, email me
      with your range; the evenings you're available to rehearse(I'm
      planning to rehearse once a week in Santa Monica, but if you want to
      host rehearsals, I'll consider a different location); and a bit about
      your musical background.

      It isn't necessary that you sightread perfectly (I don't!), but I
      expect you to be able to take sheet music home and learn it relatively
      rapidly. I want to build up a repertoire and perform. It goes without
      saying that you must be able to commit to regular, reliable
      attendance, and that you must be able to hold your pitch accurately
      against other singers. There will be an audition.

      If you're interested, or would like more information, please email me.

      Thanks,

      David