SFV A Cappella group is looking for a Bass and an Alto/Second Soprano! (revised)

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2008
      New Los Angeles based A Cappella group is looking for a BASS and an
      Alto/Second Soprano!!!!

      The qualities we're looking for in these singers include-

      Bass
      *Must be able to read music!
      *It is preferable that you can hit a low C (two octaves below middle C)
      *Must be comfortable with walking bass lines, and enjoy singing them,
      and other typical bass lines on a regular basis
      *Huge plus if you can mix vocal percussion in with your grooves.

      Alto/Second Soprano:
      *Must be able to read music!
      *The lower the notes you can hit, the better!
      *Must be very comfortable singing solos as well as complex background
      harmony parts.

      Special note for Basses: Having the role of Bass, you will primarily
      be part of the background vocals, and a lot of time you will
      contribute to the 'rhythm section' for the group, but solo
      opportunities will be given if desired. While you mostly will be in
      the background (as far as the music is concerned), we are still
      looking for a bass that can really stand out and give the audience a
      great show, we want you to be able to turn those low, rumbling, and
      sometimes repetitive, grooves into something exciting to listen to! If
      you can't hit a low C, but can hit notes close to it and feel you are
      good at bass grooves regardless, please do contact me. The low C is
      desired but not ultimately required if you possess other qualities
      that would make you perfect for our group.

      The current line-up of the group is between the ages of 20-26 years
      old. We are having a lot of fun together and have been working hard,
      learning songs in many different styles. The current repertoire
      consists of published arrangements, original arrangements and even
      original songs from members of the group. Also, we plan to do some
      Christmas repertoire during the Holiday Season.

      Unfortunately, there will not be any pay right away, but the sooner we
      get up and running and get a few gigs, the sooner there will be
      compensation!

      We will be rehearsing on Wednesday night, this week, in Sherman Oaks
      from 7-9pm. We would like ideal candidates to try singing with us
      during that next rehearsal. Please email Nate George at
      jazzsinger1482@... or call him at 831-588-9482, and tell him
      about yourself, why you would be perfect for this group and he will
      email you back to give you the location of the rehearsal.