Vocal group seeks new female member

  • Paul Peglar
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2008
      SONOS is an L.A.-based vocal group: 3 guys, 3 girls in our early 20's
      who record and perform innovative reworkings of material by cutting
      edge artists ranging from Radiohead, Gnarls Barkley and Bjork to Sara
      Bareilles, Rufus Wainwright and Fleet Foxes. We rehearse regularly
      between the Culver City and North Hollywood areas and will be
      completing our first album this month. We begin touring and promotion
      in the Fall and throughout 2009.

      We are in search of a female vocalist who would be available to start
      rehearsing and performing with the group immediately. Qualities we
      are looking for in our new female member include:

      - 2nd soprano in their early-mid twenties with the ability to perform
      as a soloist with strength and confidence

      - Experience with singing harmonies and holding your own part (a
      cappella background a plus)

      - A professional attitude and willingness to experiment and innovate

      - A strong sense of commitment and dedication

      If interested, please email an mp3 or a YouTube link of yourself
      singing approx. 1 minute excerpts from two contrasting songs. These
      should showcase your vocal character and range. If you are unable to
      send a video, please include an accompanying photo with your
      submission. Please send all submissions to sonosings@.... If
      you are selected for a callback, we will notify you within two weeks
      with all pertinent audition information.

      Vocalists who are currently in school, have full-time jobs or are not
      interested in pursuing a career in music are encouraged not to apply.
      This project has momentum and your involvement will certainly be a
      career move. A willingness to make this a first priority is an
      absolute necessity.

      Feel free to e-mail us with any questions you may have, and thanks
      for your interest.

      For more information on Sonos, please visit our Myspace page:
      www.myspace.com/sonosings