Los Angeles A Cappella Group Seeking a Bass!

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008
      New Los Angeles A Cappella Group is looking for a BASS!!!!

      The qualities we're looking for in this Bass include -
      *Must be able to read music.
      *Must be able to sing a low C (2 octaves below middle C),
      comfortably... bonus points if you can hit notes lower than that!
      *Must have experience singing walking bass lines, and enjoy singing
      them, as well as other typical bass line grooves, on a regular basis.
      You will have solo opportunities, but these bass lines will be your
      primary focus.
      *Huge plus if you can mix percussion sounds in with your grooves!

      Having the role of Bass, you will primarily be part of the background
      vocals, and a lot time will contribute to the 'rhythm section' for the
      group, but solo opportunities will be given if desired. While you
      mostly will be in the background (as far as the music is concerned),
      we are still looking for a bass that can really stand out and give the
      audience a great show, we want you to be able to turn those low,
      rumbling, and sometimes repetitive, grooves into something exciting to
      listen to!

      We are looking for talented and dedicated singer who is willing to
      take the time to help start this new venture. A HUGE plus if you have
      songwriting/arranging skills. Also, not meaning to exclude some of the
      wonderful talent out there, but we really are looking for people
      between the ages of 20-35.

      Unfortunately, there will not be any pay right away, but the sooner we
      get up and running and get a few gigs, the sooner there will be
      compensation! We will be doing a wide variety of standard vocal
      charts, already published or original arrangements from members within
      the group, and most definitely some original songs as well. Also, we
      will be performing Christmas music, during the holiday season!

      Please email Nate George at jazzsinger1482@... and tell him
      about yourself, why you would be perfect for this group and he will
      email you back to give you information on the audition time and location.