A Wonderful Evening Concert this past Friday evening

  • GOODLY PLAYER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2008
      Hello I just wanted to let you know that this past Friday evening
      concert for the 70th anniversary of the National Association of
      Church Musicians (formerly know as the Choral Conductors Guild) was
      a moving and beautiful experience for all those who attended.

      The festival choir was made up 15 sopranos and 19 altos 7 tenors and
      8 basses representing 15 different churches of varying denominations

      This festival choir was a last minute addition to the festivities,
      consequently the choir rehearsed only two Thursdays prior to the
      event and because of the marvelous talents and abilities of those
      who volunteered and those movers and shakers within the NACM
      leadership that directed and produced this special event, you would
      have thought you had attended a performance worthy of the
      metropolitan opera, Dorothy Chandler pavilion, or the new Disney
      Auditorium.

      The evening began with the prelude "When in Our Music God Is
      Glorified ": suite for Organ; performed by Mr. David Cherwien

      Festival Choir:

      Gloria from the 12th mass by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
      To Love Our God by Mark Hayes
      Praise God! by Fred Bock

      A Symphony of Spirituals by Joel Raney
      Preformed by Mr. Ken Gilliard (Church Organ)
      And Mr. Francisco Calvo (Concert Grand Piano)

      Mr. Hal H. Hopson the directed the festival choir in the world
      premiere of

      " O Sing To The Lord A New Song "written and conducted by Mr. Hopson
      Of this specially commissioned anthem for the 70th anniversary
      Celebration of the National Association of church Musicians

      The evening concluded with the postlude: Toccata for Organ by Noel
      Goemanne

      The entire evening was a huge success, my congratulations to all
      those involved

      I will keep you posted about any new events for those lovers of the
      music made of and for the soul by the human voice unto God.

      Goodlyplayer out