REMINDER - The Bobs in Santa Cruz, Sacramento and Santa Monica NEXT weekend

  • Brynne Bob Whitney
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2008

      FRIDAY 5/30/08 - SANTA CRUZ, CA
      RIO THEATER
      1205 Soquel Ave.
      tickets: (831) 479-9421
      7:30PM - DOUBLE BILL WITH ROY ZIMMERMAN (http://www.royzimmerman.com)

      I'm never going out on a limb when I
      promise you a hysterical show in Santa Cruz.
      And such a double bill! Roy Zimmerman
      founded and wrote all the material for
      legendary comedy folk quartet The Foremen.
      Tom Lehrer himself says, "I congratulate Roy
      Zimmerman on reintroducing literacy to comedy
      songs."

      Go here for more information... - http://www.snazzyproductions.com
      SATURDAY 5/31/08 - SACRAMENTO, CA - TWO SHOWS!!
      CREST THEATER
      1 PM and 8 PM
      1013 K Street

      These two shows are BENEFITS for the Susan G
      Komen for the Cure Foundation, an amazing
      organization indeed. A silent
      auction will also take place. We all know
      The Bobs won't be any good at THAT
      part... Rumor has it they wanted to make
      a "Bobs for Boobs" poster!

      Go here for more information... - http://www.surefootedangels.org

      SUNDAY 6/1/08 - SANTA MONICA, CA 7PM show
      McCABES
      3101 Pico Blvd.
      7PM SHOW
      Tix (310) 828-4497 or online at McCabes'
      site, linked below.

      I asked The Bobs, "Of what is `Santa
      Monica' the patron saint?" Richard Bob:
      "metered parking" Amy Bob: "Clintonian
      errors" Dan Bob: "hot dogs" Matthew Bob:
      "Long Beach"

      The space time continuum itself bends at
      McCabes when The Bobs play there, so I'm
      told. They sold out the past three times,
      so get your tix now!

      Go here for more information... - http://www.mccabes.com

      FRIDAY 6/6/08 - HOLLYWOOD, CA - AMY BOB's CD RELEASE CONCERT!
      MBAR
      1253 North Vine Street
      reservations/info (323) 856-0036
      Tix $12 CASH ONLY, $10 food minimum Advance tix not necessary but must
      call to reserve a table. We recommend that you dine here. It's
      great!

      Join Amy Bob at MBar, Hollywood's coolest
      supper club (with its own free parking!) for
      a concert celebrating the release of her
      first solo CD, NOT GONNA BE PRETTY. Backed by
      a full band (including Bobs uber-opener Bob Malone), Amy will perform
      selections from the CD plus a few other
      surprises... including one or two Bobs tunes.

      MBar is a beautiful venue that hosts great
      music - so come down for dinner AND a show!

      Read a recent review of Amy's CD here
      (http://www.coldfoot.net/metroland.html)

      Get to know Amy Engelhardt when she's not Amy Bobbing, here (http://
      www.myspace.com/iaremusic)

      Buy the CD at cdbaby
      http://www.cdbaby.com/amyengelhardt

      or iTunes

      Click here for more information on MBAR -
      http://www.mbarhollywood.com/Findex1.htm

      Brynne Bob Whitney
      bobt...@...
      http://www.bobs.com

      RECENT PRESS QUOTES

      "Fun, inventive and full of sass and spice.
      ..The material may be splendidly silly, but
      The Bobs are serious about entertaining and
      trying to find your ticklish spot.." -
      Talkin' Broadway

      "Virtuosic and funny and ingeniously
      arranged..." - Metroland

      "The Bobs are an a cappella quartet that
      falls outside both traditions. Neither
      conventional nor stuffy, they mostly perform
      original songs, and they've taken a page from
      the Ramones." - Washington Post

      "They are simply the template for funny,
      witty, superlatively harmonized a cappella
      singing with a strong emphasis on a slightly
      skewered cynicism that is offset by a deeper
      sense of humanism. The Bobs are beyond fun."
      • Home Grown Radio

      Quick Links...
      • GET YOUR MONKEY OFF MY DOG - http://www.bobs.com/monkeybuy.html
      • SIGN MY SNARLING MOVIE: 25 YEARS OF THE BOBS -
      http://www.bobs.com/snarlingmovie.html
      • Concert Schedule - http://www.bobs.com/concerts.html
      • MYSPACE - http://www.myspace.com/thebobsmusic

      THE BOBS | P.O. Box 251274 | Los Angeles | CA | 90025