New to Los Angeles and wanting to start a vocal group

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 8:16 AM
      Hello All,
      My name is Nate George. I am new to Los Angeles (I moved here from
      the bay area 2 months ago) and I am looking to start up a new vocal
      group. My idea, while not dead-set on it, is to form a mixed a
      cappella sextet, doing a wide variety of vocal jazz, contemporary/pop,
      rock, and the occasional choral/classical piece. I have a few
      arrangements under my belt and would like to find other singers who
      have arranging/composition skills as well.

      Just so you can get a sense of who I am, I graduated from University
      of Redlands in 2004 with a music degree I created myself (I tailored
      it to focus on vocal jazz a cappella music and did independent study,
      learning how best to maintain a small vocal group). After that I
      moved to the bay area and worked for Primarily A Cappella for 3 1/2
      years, which was a wonderful experience, I learned a lot about the
      music business.

      I am looking for talented and dedicated singers who are willing to
      take the time to help start this new venture. Starting a new group is
      always much harder than joining an already formed group, but it can be
      VERY rewarding when it takes off! I want singers who will contribute
      enough that we get up and running within just a few short weeks so we
      can start performing right away (even if its just on the street corner
      ;-)). Also, not meaning to exclude some of the wonderful talent out
      there, but I really am looking for mostly people between the ages of
      20-35.

      If interested, please send me an email at jazzsinger1482@... or
      call my cell, 831-588-9482. My idea is that once i find a few people
      interested, that fit what I'm looking for, we'll audition for the rest
      of the voice parts needed in the group. By the way, I'm a baritone,
      so the other voice parts I'd be looking for would be bass, tenor,
      alto, soprano 1 and soprano 2. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear
      from you all soon!