LA CAL Vocal Band looking for singers and vocal percussionists

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2008
      SINGERS/VOCAL PERCUSSIONISTS WANTED - Spring 2008

      Are you a vocal musician who likes to ...

      * make percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * experiment with new ways to make sound,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
      Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you.

      Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

      This is a chance to get involved in the new Contemporary A cappella
      League (CAL), with its first group forming in LA
      CAL is a part of Casa.org. See http://www.casa.org/content/view/
      831/173/ for more information on the league. Our first big get
      together with all the CAL groups will be this summer in Memphis,
      Tennessee.

      For more information on the LA group, or to arrange an audition,
      please email a reply or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

    • Barton Gawboy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2008
        SINGERS/VOCAL PERCUSSIONISTS WANTED - Fall 2008

        Are you a singer who likes to ...

        * make percussive noises in a groove,
        * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
        * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
        * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

        Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads?

        Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in
        Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

        Then, we are looking for you to join this Contemporary A Cappella
        League group (CAL http://www.casa.org/content/view/831/173/ ). The
        league supports bands roughly the size of typical collegiate a
        cappella groups, 8-20. And we need more members to support our voice
        parts. Especially, we need talented VP/beatboxing or rhythmic singers.

        The league is only one year old, and we are growing an international
        presence. Our first gathering in Memphis this past summer headlined
        Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com/ )

        Next year, our get together will be combined with the 100 year
        anniversary of college a cappella in Boston. ( http://www.ac100.org/
        boston-a-cappella-summit.cfm )

        Please visit http://www.marinamotion/vox/faq for more about the group.

        For more information on the LA group, or to arrange an audition,
        please email a reply or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609 .

        Finally, we are also looking for an assistant to help in recruiting
        and development. If interested, please let me know.

        Thanks,

        Bart

      • Barton Gawboy