Harmony Sweepstakes - L.A. Regional

  • willhamblet
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 7:32 PM
      The Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival is the premier American
      showcase for vocal harmony music. The annual national competition
      draws from hundreds of vocal groups from around the country with
      regional competitions in eight cities. The winning group from each
      festival is flown to perform in front of celebrity judges and a sold
      out house of enthusiastic a cappella fans at the National Finals.

      The Los Angeles Regional Prelims will be held at 7:30 on Sunday,
      April 20 at the Hermosa Beach Playhouse (710 Pier Ave (At Pacific
      Coast Highway), Hermosa Beach). Host group for the evening (who will
      also perform) will be Moira Smiley & VOCO who won last year's L.A.
      Regional & went on to win the National contest as well. Our Judges
      will be the very entertaining quartet Hi-Fidelity (they will also
      perform). Hi-Fidelity won our contest in 2006 & also won the
      National that year.

      The L.A. Regional has produced the ultimate National champion two
      years in a row now and we have high hopes for this year as well. All
      shades of a cappella will be represented including jazz, doo-wop,
      barbershop & other genres that simply defy classification.

      Please plan to attend for a wonderful night of vocal entertainment!