just joined

  • uclenore@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2007
      Hi, my name's Lenore, and I just joined the la-acappella egroup today. I was born in the days of do-wop and grew up during the Beatles era (numbers feel so limiting).

      You can see a video of a very fun and clever version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" by the a capella group "Straight, No Chaser" here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8 . Also, a reminder to save the date for the the L.A. Harmony Sweepstakes regional competition on March 15, 2008, at the Hermosa Beach Community Playhouse.

      I am currently looking for a group to sing with that meets once or more weekly. I live in Mt. Washington (near Los Feliz and Eagle Rock) and am also in Beverly Hills area frequently. I would prefer a smallish group (12 or under) and I particularly like jazz arrangements (Manhattan Transfer style, e.g.) but am interested in other genres also.

      Here's a mini performing bio:

      I sang in Opera A La Carte (soprano in the chorus) for some years, was in the Los Angeles Cambridge Singers (Alex Ruggieri), the L.A. Jazz Choir Workshop, the CSUN jazz choir, the Voices of Christmas, and in a variety of other groups. I was a soloist at Makom Ohr Shalom Temple for over ten years. I also have a dance background. Please contact me via email at uclenore@... if you know of a group that might be a good fit.

      Thank you very much.

      Happy Holidays!

      Sincerely,

      Lenore