"Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ Playlist for October 22, 2007

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2007
      Well, NO ONE won the Free Tickets last night to the HARMONY CELEBRATION CHORUS show on Dec. 1 in Lodi NJ...with VOCAL SPECTRUM, 2006 BHS CHAMPS! (No one close enought to actually USE the tickets, anyway!) Leo Larivee in MA, Cindy Schlicht in MN, and Elsemala in Colorado DID correctly identify the mystery quartet as ...VOCAL SPECTRUM themselves! I started with their lesser known songs and played several throughout the night, ending with those more familiar to the listeners.

      I also gave out a "secret code word" so supporters of The Harmony Network in the NJ area could call an 800 number for a limited time and get two-for-one tickets, so I hope many listeners availed themselves of that opportunity!

      I also had a Triple Trivia Contest, with a theme of 3 Quartets who competed in Calgary...many guessed the right quartet names...but did not identify them all with the right cut! So, no winners for either contest last night!

      Next Monday I have two MORE CDs to debut: RAZZCALS and an a capella delight called METRO GNOME (by the daughter of a barbershopper ... more details to follow!)

      * * TRIPLE TRIVIA CONTEST: Three SAI quartets who competed in Calgary * *

      1 - RAZZCALS ~ When The Midnight Choo Choo leaves for Alabam

      2 - CAPRI ~ It's The Girl

      3 - FOUR BETTYS - One Voice

      * * PLAYLIST for Monday, October 22, 2007 * *

      NYLONS ...... Stars Are Ours (Opening Theme)

      VOCAL SPECTRUM ..."Mystery Quartet" for the HCC Ticket Contest...(played over the course of the evening) ...... This Ole House ... My Wonderful One ... I Love Jazz Medley ... And Can It Be .... Jeanie With The Light Brown Hair .... The South Rampart Street Parade .... Small Fry

      FOUR BETTYS ... Our new QUEENS! ... (played over the course of the evening) ...... Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey .... In My Life .... Happy Together .... Sentimental Gentleman From Georgia / 2 Tickets to Georgia Medley .... I'm Alone Because I Love You .... Good Old A Cappella .... If I Love Again .... Original Dixieland One Step .... Love Me Tender .... One Voice .... Kiss Me One More Time .... One Fine Day .... Great Day

      CAPRI ... (5th Place Medalists!) ... (played over the course of the evening) ... I've Got The World On A String .... Why Did I Choose You? ....I Told Them All About You / You Dear Medley .... The Lady Down The Hall .... Gotta Be This Or That .... Roses Of Yesterday .... I Had Someone Else / Some Of These Days Medley .... My Coloring Book .... Good Luck Charm .... When Your Lover Has Gone .... It's The Girl .... Child In Me Again .... This Could Be The Start Of Something Big .... She's Gonna Fly

      MASTERS OF HARMONY ...... Jerome Kern Medley .... Puttin' On The Ritz

      JUST 4 (KICKS) ...... I Can't Give You Anything But Love (with a Birthday Intro) ...For Rich Taylor's Birthday TODAY! and also the anniversary of Cindy Schlicht's Grandma's Birthday!

      GAS HOUSE GANG ...... I Still Can't Say Goodbye (For Cindy's Grandma) ....Sit Down, You're Rockin' The Boat .... No More Sorrow

      EASTERNAIRES ...... Here's That Rainy Day (For Leo Larivee) ....Glad Rag Doll (for "O.C. Cash" in the chatroom! ;-) .... Peg O My Heart (for Dana Russell...my bud from my first ever chorus! Welcome to the chat room!)

      PRIME TIME QUARTET ...... (Some British "Kibber" stuff ... for Stu and Brad!) .... Brand New Gang On The Corner .... Love's Old Sweet Song .... Fit As A Fiddle / Me And My Gal Medley .... Wonderful World (aka "Icy Trees" ;-)

      DALLAS KNIGHTS (For ME and Dana...we're gonna see them at HEART OF CAROLINA CHORUS show this weekend! :- ) .... We Will Barbershop You

      RAMAPO VALLEY CHORUS ...... Hakuna Matata .... Circle of Life

      ...... Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett for The Harmony Network

      * * WHAT IS THE HARMONY NETWORK? * *

      The Harmony Network is a totally listener supported Radio Station that can also be heard worldwide over the internet! Our informational website is at www.harmonize.com/THN

      The Harmony Network has several live shows which all air from
      7 PM to 11 PM EASTERN TIME

      (When The Harmony Network is NOT airing a live show, you will hear the regular programmming of WVRM, Village Radio in Upper Montclair, New Jersey)

      MONDAYS ~ "Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ hosted by Jeanie "Joaner"
      Garrett, formerly of Ramapo Valley Chorus, now with the Coastline Show Chorus!
      ... features Men's and Women's Barbershop, Mixed Quartets and Choruses , Vocal
      Jazz, High School and College a Cappella, Contemporary a Capella, Gospel, Doo
      Wop, and more! Triple Trivia Contest every week at 10 PM ... guess the artists
      and win a free CD!

      TUESDAYS ~ "The Best Of Both Worlds" ~ hosted by Ari Brafman, of The Rahway Valley Barberhop Harmony Society Chapter ... features many different genres of music, each cut followed by an a cappella version of the same song.

      THURSDAYS ~ "The Applause Show" ~ hosted by Rich Taylor ... Director of the Rahway Valley Barber shop Harmony Society Chapter ... and of noteriety in the Barberhop and a capella world with accomplishments too numerous to list here! This Original Flagship Show of the station features the best of barbershop, contemporary a cappella, vocal jazz, gospel, doo wop, and more.

      SUNDAYS ~ "Sunday Nights With Vinnie" ~ available when Vinnie is NOT on duty as one of New York's Finest! Vinnie is a Police Officer and former Doo Wop artist who sings with The Big Apple Chorus. He likes to play cuts from his own private collection, as well as using our shared station library of barbershop and other a cappella music.

      * * HOW TO LISTEN TO THE HARMONY NETWORK * *

      The Harmony Network is a totally listener supported Radio Station
      that can also be heard worldwide over the internet at
      www.villageradio.com

      Option 2: If you have troubletuning in, try going thru this link:
      http://theharmonynetwork.cjb.net/

      Option 3: Start up Windows Media Player. Click FILE then OPEN URL and paste in
      this:
      http://www.live365.com/play/293967
      Click OK and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds it should start to play.
      If you prefer WinAmp to Media Player it works there too.

      (When The Harmony Network is not airing a live show, you will hear the regular programming of WVRM, Village Radio in Upper Montclair, New Jersey.)

      * * HOW TO CALL THE HARMONY NETWORK * *

      During our live shows, you can call us toll free at the studio at
      1-877-THN-SONG
      OR...for the numerically challenged...
      1-US-RUIN-SONG
      Finally..for the alphabetically challenged:
      1-877-846-7664

      * * HOW TO CHAT WITH THE HARMONY NETWORK * *
      There is a barbershop chatroom used by the Harmonet folks, and also by people
      who wish to chat with us during our live broadcasts. Its is at
      www.starchat.net
      and the name of the chatroom is "bbshop" You must have java chat downloaded.
      Click on CHAT, then simply enter your nickname (line one...change it from
      "guest"..and change thegroup name to "bbshop" ( on the third line) (no need to
      enter a password on line 2...just leave it blank)
      OR JUST TRY USING THIS LINK TO CHAT:
      http://www.starchat.net/chat/index.php?chan=bbshop

      * * HOW TO GET AIRPLAY ON THE HARMONY NETWORK * *
      Groups who would like thier music played to our worldwide listening audience can
      do so by sending THREE COPIES of each of their CDs to:
      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042 ...

      Check out our website at: www.harmonize.com/THN
      * * HOW TO SUPPORT THE HARMONY NETWORK * *
      We need your donations to keep this totally voluntary and listener supported
      venture afloat, spreading the love of our music to a world wide audience! We
      provide information to the general public on how to contact the various
      singing organizations who send us CDs. So get your group to donate the proceeds
      of a performance to THE HARMONY NETWORK, or take up a collection at your
      rehearsal!

      We are now a 501 (c) (3) organization, and all donations made to us are now and
      since our inception are retroactively TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

      Pay Pal is now available to make it simple for you to donate. Check at the website, www.harmonize.com/THN

      You can also mail us a check made out to: