Acappellastock 2006

  • jaredfredallen
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      Contact: Jared Allen, T Minus 5 Entertainment
      801-643-5057, jared@...

      Ogden to Host West's Premiere A Cappella Music Festival
      Award-winning Artists to Present Magical Night of
      Music Without Instruments at Ogden Amphitheater

      OGDEN, Utah – Aug. 4, 2006 – Featuring an unrivaled lineup of award-
      winning a cappella artists from the United States and Canada, A
      Cappellastock `06 promises to be a one-of-a-kind musical adventure
      for the whole family at the Ogden Amphitheater on Sat., Aug. 26.

      "A Cappellastock is a vocal adventure that magically presents the
      power of the human voice in a high-energy night of pure enjoyment
      and musical fascination," said Jeff Petersen of T Minus 5
      Entertainment, which produces A Cappellastock, now in its third year.

      "A cappella music transcends all ages and musical interests, and
      with the unbeatable cast of top a cappella groups we've assembled
      for this year's event, we guarantee fans will leave wanting more,"
      he said.

      Arriving from Canada to headline the event, A Cappellastock `06 will
      feature Juno Award-winning a cappella legends The Nylons, who have
      performed more than 1,000 concerts across six continents over the
      past two decades. With seven gold and six platinum recordings to
      their credit, this four-member vocal group is one of Canada's top
      international success stories.

      Arriving from San Francisco, The House Jacks will also provide
      attendees with some familiar sound, since they have sung Lagoon
      amusement park's radio jingles in recent years. The show will also
      feature Utah a cappella favorites Voice Male, T Minus 5 and The
      Cadillacs.

      Last year's event, also held at the Ogden Amphitheater, drew nearly
      3,000 visitors from across Utah and neighboring states. This year's
      event will draw upward of 4,000 fans.

      "I applaud A Cappellastock's choice of Ogden City as a venue," said
      Ogden Mayor Matthew Godfrey. "I appreciate its commitment to help
      historic Downtown Ogden thrive as a center for culture and the arts."

      Tickets for the show are available at www.acs06.com or by calling
      801-394-2545. Reserved seating prices at $20 and general admission
      seating tickets are $10. The pre-show is scheduled for 7 p.m., with
      the main show beginning promptly at 7:30 p.m.

      The Ogden Amphitheater is an outdoor venue located in the Historic
      Municipal Gardens on the corner of 25th Street and Washington
      Boulevard in Ogden. In case of inclement weather, the event will be
      held at Ogden High School.

      # # #