Monday Nights With Joanerf ~ Playlist for 9/10/07

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11 1:00 PM
      Last night marked a somber occasion as it was the eve of the 6th anniversary of September 11th, and also one year since CHRISTAL, our little barbershop angel, joined that a cappella choir in the sky.

      Dedicated to CHRISTAL, my Ten PM Triple Trivia Contest contained three versions of
      "When I Look In Your Eyes". The three artists were :
      MOST HAPPY FELLAS ~ GAS HOUSE GANG ~ 4 STAR COLLECTION
      There were no winners this week.

      I was in my first Joint Annual Show on Sunday with Coastline Show Chorus and Narragansett Bay Chorus, a show that also included Keepsake, Boston Accent, and Alakazam! I played some selections by some of those groups, and featured some of the numbers sung on the show. MARGE PRIDDY was my programmming assistant and co-host this week, as she was a captive in my car en route from the show and ensuing parties in New England to the radio station!

      Calgary approaches! Good luck to all my fellow competitors on the contest stage in a few weeks!

      * * * PLAYLIST for Monday, September 10, 2007 * * * *

      NYLONS ...... Stars Are Ours (Opening Theme)

      COASTLINE SHOW CHORUS ...... I Love A Piano .... Imagine .... Goodbye World

      NARRAGANSETT BAY / COASTLINE SHOW CHORUS ...... Makin' Whoopee .... America The Beautiful

      NARRAGANSETT BAY CHORUS ...... Barbershop Convention .... Barbershop Strut Parody .... The Encore Song

      KEEPSAKE ...... I Love A Piano .... Royal Garden Blues .... The Entertainer

      REVEILLE ...... Ya Gotta Have Charts

      THE ALLIANCE ...... Son Of The Sea

      CINCINNATTI KIDS ...... Weekend In New England

      4 UNDER PAR ...... A Town In Old New Hampshire ...... Lady Wrestlers .... Junk Food

      CASCADE CHORUS ...... Minnie The Mermaid (from MARGE PRIDDY, For The Hickory Tree Chorus)

      139TH STREET ...... LULU (Another Hickory Tree dedication, chosen by MARGE)

      BANK STREET ...... Dust Off That Old Piano

      NEW TRADITION CHORUS ...... When The Gold Turns To Gray

      SATURDAY EVENING POST ...... My Cup Runneth Over With Love .... Tin Roof Blues .... Makin' Whoopie

      CHORDIAC ARREST ...... I Left My Heart In San Francisco .... Darkness On A Delta .... I See Bones ... That's The Worst Jello

      VOCAL SPECTRUM ...... Jeannie With The Light Brown Hair .... (For MARGE's daughter, JEANNE VISCITO) ... My Wonderful One .... Bring Him Home

      DEALER'S CHOICE ...... Brian's Song

      VOCAL MAJORITY ...... (In Remembrance, on the eve of September 11th) .... Let There Be Peace On Earth Medley

      * * * In Memory of Christal * * *

      CRYSTAL CLEAR ...... For The Sake of Auld LAng Syne .... I'd Rather Be Blue Over You .... Oh, How I Miss You Tonight / When I Lost You Medley .... I'll Never Pass This Way Again

      CINCINATTI KIDS ...... I'll Fly Away .... A Parting Blessing

      GAS HOUSE GANG ...... No More Sorrow .... I Still Can't Say Goodbye .... Sometimes

      MAX Q .... (Dedicated to Christal, From Cindy Schlicht) .... Where Is Love .... Hushabye .... Fare Thee Well, Love

      MICHIGAN JAKE ...... Too Marvelous ForWords .... Time Was .... Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams .... Once In A Lifetime

      MUSICAL ISLAND BOYS ...... My Cup Runneth Over With Love .... It Is Well With My Soul

      * * * *

      The Harmony Network has several live shows which all air from 7 PM to 11 PM
      Eastern Time

      MONDAYS ~ "Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ hosted by Jeanie "Joaner"
      Garrett, formerly of Ramapo Valley Chorus, now with the Coastline Show Chorus!
      ... features Men's and Women's Barbershop, Mixed Quartets and Choruses , Vocal
      Jazz, High School and College a Cappella, Contemporary a Capella, Gospel, Doo
      Wop, and more! Triple Trivia Contest every week at 10 PM ... guess the artists
      and win a free CD!

      TUESDAYS ~ "The Best Of Both Worlds" ~ hosted by Ari Brafman, of The Rahway
      Valley Barberhop Harmony Societ y Chapter ... features many different genres of music, each cut followed by an a cappella version of the same song.

      THURSDAYS ~ "The Applause Show" ~ hosted by Rich Taylor ... Director of the Rahway Valley Barber shop Harmony Society Chapter ... and of noteriety in the Barberhop and a capella world with accomplishments too numerous to list here! This Original Flagship Show of the station features the best of barbershop, contemporary a cappella, vocal jazz, gospel, doo wop, and more.

      SUNDAYS ~ "Sunday Nights With Vinnie" ~ available when Vinnie is NOT on duty as one of New York's Finest! Vinnie is a Police Officer and former Doo Wop singer who sings with The Big Apple Chorus. He likes to play cuts from his own private collection, as well as using our shared station library of barbershop and other a cappella music.

      During our live shows, you can call us toll free at the studio at
      1-877-THN-SONG
      OR...for the numerically challenged...
      1-US-RUIN-SONG
      Finally..for th e alphabetically challenged:
      1-877-846-7664

      There is a barbershop chatroom used by the Harmonet folks, and also by people
      who wish to chat with us during our live broadcasts. It is at
      www.starchat.net
      and the name of the chatroom is "bbshop" You must have java chat downloaded.
      Click on CHAT, then simply enter your nickname (line one...change it from
      "guest"..and change thegroup name to "bbshop" ( on the third line) (no need to
      enter a password on line 2...just leave it blank)

      Groups who would like thier music played to our worldwide listening audience can
      do so by sending t hree copies to:

      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Mon tclair, NJ 07042 ...

      Check out our website at: www .harmonize.com/THN

      We need your donations to keep this totally voluntary and listener supported
      venture afloat, spreading the love of our music to a world wide audience! We
      provide information to the general public on how to contact the various
      singing organizations who send us CDs. So get your group to donate the proceeds
      of a performance to THE HARMONY NETWORK, or take up a collection at your
      rehearsal!

      We are now a 501 (c) (3) organization, and all donations made to us are now and
      since our inception are retroactively TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

      Pay Pal is now available to make it simple for you to donate. Check at the website, www.harmonize.com/T HN

      You can also mail us a check made out to:
      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042

      The Harmony Network is a totall y listener supported Radio Station
      that can also be heard worldwide over the internet at

      www.villageradio.com

      Option 2: If you have troubletuning in, try going thru this link:

      http://theharmonynetwork.cjb.net/

      Option 3: Start up Windows Media Player. Click FILE then OPEN URL and paste in
      this:

      http://www.live365.com/play/293967

      Click OK and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds it should start to play. If you prefer
      WinA mp t o Media Player it works t here too.

      We feature Barbershop, Vocal Jazz, Contemporary a cappella, Gospel, and MORE!

      Yours in Harmony,

      Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
      for THN