Convention looking for a cappella group

  • A Cappella News
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2007
      I am the Chair of the Entertainment Committee for the Rotary
      International Convention coming to Los Angeles in June 15-18 2008, at
      the Los Angeles Convention Center.

      We are a group of international business owners and local community
      leaders, committed to fundrasing for worthy causes around the globe.

      We are expecting approximately 40,000 attendees that week.

      We will have hundreds of booths and displays setup in the main
      convention center hall and it is here that I am looking for
      entertainment. I am looking for acappella singing groups of any size,
      men's groups, women's groups, or any combination thereof.

      Performances would be between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
      We will have a sound system, albeit, a contained one.

      For those groups interested in contacting me I would need a photo and
      or sample CD/DVD/or website, so I could hear and see them. If they
      are performing in southern California, I could possibly attend a show
      and see them that way too.

      I am also interested in bands, choirs, quartets, jazz combos, solo
      musical performers/singers.

      Performances would be limited to 30 minutes.

      We cannot pay any performance fees, but can offer a venue and an
      appreciative, local and international, audience for showcasing talent,
      along with free parking and lunch.

      My contact numbers are:
      805-701-7248
      bookme@...

      For more information on Rotary International, I invite you to visit
      our website: www.Rotaryinternational.org

      Sincerely,
      Mary-Catherine McBride
      Chair