Monday Nights With Joaner ~ Playlist for August 6, 2007

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2007
      Since I was out kayaking this week, I featured three versions of "Drunken Sailor" in my Ten PM Triple Trivia Contest this week. Tho many were close with 2 of the 3 artists, no one listener correctly identified all 3. The artists were THE ALLIANCE, NORTH METRO, and AMERICAN BARBER BOYS.

      Tune in next week to www.villageradio.com and try your luck to win a free CD!

      * * * PLAY LIST for August 6, 2007 * * *

      NYLONS ...... Stars Are Ours (Opening Theme)

      FOUR STAR COLLECTION ...... When I Look In Your Eyes .... Lasagna .... Darkness On The Delta

      WESTERN CONTINENTALS ...... Green Green Gress Of Home .... By The Time I Get To Phoenix .... Lone Prairie

      PRINCTEON FOOTNOTES ...... Bridge Over Troubled Water (for CINDY in honor of the folks involved in the Minnesota Bridge Disaster) .... Circle Of Life Medley .... Thank You

      MUSIC CENTRAL ...... It Is Well With My Soul .... Sweet Hour Of Prayer .... Goodbye World Goodbye

      HI LO'S ...... I'm In The Mood For Love .... I Could Write A Book .... Coquette

      FOUR FRESHMEN ...... This October (For all the Calgary Competitors!) .... Graduation Day .... You Came A Long Way from St. Louis

      STREET CORNER HARMONY ...... Zombie Jamboree (for CINDY SCHLICHT) .... Stand By Me ..... It's Alright

      BANK STREET ...... Little Pal

      SECOND EDITION ...... Mistakes

      SIDEKICKS ...... I'm A Star

      139th Street ...... Take Her Down To Coney Island And Give Her The Air

      DEALER'S CHOICE ...... If You Could Read My Mind .... Hello Mary Lou .... Solid Gold .... Brian's Song

      BLUE CHAMPAGNE ...... Fit As A Fiddle .... This Could Be The Start Of Something Big .... One Moment In Time

      CONFEDERATES ...... The Sunshine Of Your Smile .... Rock A Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody

      PLAYTONICS ...... Did Your Mother Come From Ireland? .... Cabin On A Hilltop

      LAND OF ENCHANTMENT ...... Love Me And The World Is Mine

      FOUR PITCHIKERS ...... A Perfect Day

      EASTERNAIRES ...... Danny Boy

      RUMORS ...... The Lady Down The Hall (for JASMINE from KINGSTON ) .... Ballin' The Jack .... Come Take Your Place In My Heart

      CHICAGO CHORD OF TRADE ...... Peg O' My Heart .... Sweet 16 Medley .... Oh, How I Miss You / When I Lost You Medley

      A CAPPELLA EXPRESS ...... Voices Instead of Words

      GREAT NORTHERN UNION ...... When I Lift Up My Head .... This Train / When The Saints Go Marching In

      ROUNDERS (for the Chatroom Fans!) .... Hello, Young Lovers .... Meet The Flintstones .... Someone To Watch Over Me

      SCOTTSDALE CHORUS ...... Oh, How I Miss You Tonight .... Saxophone Man .... Where Does The Time Go?

      ALEXANDRIA HARMONIZERS ...... Manhattan .... This Little Piggy .... Rhythm And Dance Medley

      * * *

      The Harmony Network has several live shows which all air from 7 PM to 11 PM
      Eastern Time

      MONDAYS ~ "Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ hosted by Jeanie "Joaner"
      Garrett, formerly of Ramapo Valley Chorus, now with the Coastline Show Chorus!
      ... features Men's and Women's Barbershop, Mixed Quartets and Choruses , Vocal
      Jazz, High School and College a Cappella, Contemporary a Capella, Gospel, Doo
      Wop, and more! Triple Trivia Contest every week at 10 PM ... guess the artists
      and win a free CD!

      TUESDAYS ~ "The Best Of Both Worlds" ~ hosted by Ari Brafman, of The Rahway
      Valley Barberhop Harmony Societ y Chapter ... features many different genres of
      music, each cut followed by an a cappella version of the same song. (NOTE: Rich
      Taylor filling in tonight on THIS one!)

      THURSDAYS ~ "The Applause Show" ~ hosted by Rich Taylor ... Director of the
      Rahway Valley Barber shop Harmony Society Chapter ... and of noteriety in the
      Barberhop and a capella world with accomplishments too numerous to list here! This Original Flagship Show of
      the station features the best of barbershop, contemporary a cappella, vocal
      jazz, gospel, doo wop, and more.

      SUNDAYS ~ "Sunday Nights With Vinnie" ~ available when Vinnie is NOT on duty
      as one of New York's Finest! Vinnie is a Police Officer and former Doo Wop
      singer who sings with The Big Apple Chorus. He likes to play cuts from his own
      private collection, as well as using our shared station library of barbershop
      and other a cappella music.

      During our liv e shows, you can call u s toll free at the studio at
      &n bsp; 1-877-THN-SONG
      OR...for the numerically challenged...
      1-US-RUIN-SONG
      Finally..for the alphabetically challenged:
      1-877-846-7664

      There is a barbershop chatroom used by the Harmonet folks, and also by people
      who wish to chat with us during our live broadcasts. Its is at
      www.starchat.net
      and the name of the chatroom is "bbshop" You must have java chat downloaded.
      Click on CHAT, then simply enter your nickname (line one...change it from
      "guest"..and change thegroup name to "bbshop" ( on the third line) (no need to
      enter a password on line 2...just leave it blank)

      Groups who would like thier music played to our worldwide listening audience can
      do so by sending t hree copies to:

      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Mon tclair, NJ 07042 ...

      Check out our website at: www.harmonize.com/THN

      We need your donations to keep this t o tally voluntary and listener supported
      venture afloat, spreading the love of our music to a world wide audience! We
      provide information to the general pub lic o n h ow to contact the various
      singing organizations who send us CDs. So get your group to donate the proceeds
      of a performance to THE HARMONY NETWORK, or take up a collection at your
      rehearsal!

      We are now a 501 (c) (3) organization, and all donations made to us are now and
      since our inception are retroactively TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

      Pay Pal is now available to make it simple for you to donate. Check at the website, www.harmonize.com/T HN

      You can also mail us a check made out to:
      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042

      The Harmony Network is a totally listener supported Radio Station
      that can also be heard worldwide over the internet at

      www.villageradio.com

      Option 2: If you have troubletuning in, try going thru this link:

      http://theharmonynetwork.cjb.net/

      Option 3: Start up Windows Media Player. Click FILE then OPEN URL and paste in
      this:

      http://www.live365.com/play/293967

      Click OK and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds it should start to play. If you prefer
      WinAmp t o Media Player it works t here too.

      We feature Barbershop, Vocal Jazz, C on temporary a cappella, Gospel, and MORE!

      Yours in Harmony,

      Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
      for THN