Monday Nights With Joaner ~ 6/18/2007 Playlist

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      Well I took full advantage of my "vacation week at full pay" (which is ZERO), so I'm just getting around to posting the playlist from June 18th! I dropped in on the Big Apple Chorus for their sendoff rehearsal on Monday....can't wait to see them do that package in Denver!

      My Triple Trivia Contest Theme was SUMMERTIME! I had NO WINNER...but here were the three artists and selections:

      HILOS ...... Summertime

      BANK STREET ...... If You Can't Get A Girl In The Summertime

      THE NATURALS ...... By The Beautiful Sea / In The Good Old Summertime

      Thanks for all your donations to help us stay on the air! Keep up the great work!

      * * * PLAYLIST for Monday, June 18, 2007 * * * *

      NYLONS ...... Stars Are Ours (Opening Theme)

      THE SUNDOWNERS ...... Bonnie And Clyde .... Mickey .... God Didn't Make Little Green Apples

      BLUE JUPITER ...... Sir Duke .... On The Road .... Groovin' To Blue Jupiter

      PANACHE ...... With One Look .... More Than You Know .... Why Did I Tell You I Was Going To Shanghai?

      THE BUZZ ...... He Broke My Heart In Three Places ... Because Of You .... Sweet Hour Of Prayer

      BIG APPLE CHORUS ...... New York Swing Medley .... Jump Shout Boogie

      YANKEE DIME ...... Make 'Em Laugh

      MILLENIUM ...... Hooked On A Feelin' .... Jezebel .... Lost

      JUST 4 (KICKS) ...... Sentimental Journey .... Side By Side .... Hey Look Us Over

      PRIDE OF KENTUCKY ...... I Only Have Eyes For You (for my Grandma!) .... Great Day Medley .... Two Tickets To Georgia / Sentimental Gentleman From Georgia

      MANHATTAN TRANSFER ...... Route 66 .... Birdland .... Jeanine

      SATURDAY EVENING POST ...... Let's Get Away From It All .... Tonight, Tonight .... Stormy Weather

      HIGH FIVE ...... I've Grown Accostomed To Her Face .... Moondance / Fever Medley .... Scotch And Soda

      TORONTO NORTHERN LIGHTS ...... The Prayer .... Louise .... Alabamy Bound

      PRIDE OF BALTIMORE ...... My Honey's Lovin' Armn .... Chordbusters' March .... (Here I Am) Brokenhearted

      A CAPPELLA POPS ...... Good Vibrations .... Can You Feel The Love Tonight .... When I Look In Your Eyes

      OK CITY CHORUS ...... I'm Glad God Gave Me You .... I Love A Piano .... At Last - Atlanta Version

      EXCALIBUR ...... You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You .... From The First Hello .... One Moment In Time

      NEW TRADITION CHORUS ...... Phantom Of The Opera .... If I Loved You .... They Call The Wind Maria

      CLASSIC EDITION ...... Who's Sorry Now .... The Way He Makes Me Feel .... All By Myself

      THE GAY NOTES ...... Can't You Hear Me Callin' Caroline .... Cabaret

      GREAT NORTHERN UNION ...... Politician's Medley

      THE CHORDETTES ...... Drifting and Dreaming .... When Day Is Done

      * * * *

      The Harmony Network has several live shows which all air from 7 PM to 11 PM Eastern Time

      MONDAYS ~ "Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ hosted by Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett, formerly of Ramapo Valley Chorus, now with the Coastline Show Chorus! ... features Men's and Women's Barbershop, Mixed Quartets and Choruses , Vocal Jazz, High School and College a Cappella, Contemporary a Capella, Gospel, Doo Wop, and more! Triple Trivia Contest every week at 10 PM ... guess the artists and win a free CD!

      TUESDAYS ~ "The Best Of Both Worlds" ~ hosted by Ari Brafman, of The Rahway Valley Barberhop Harmony Society Chapter ... features many different genres of music, each cut followed by an a cappella version of the same song.

      THURSDAYS ~ "The Applause Show" ~ hosted by Rich Taylor ... Director of the Rahway Valley Barbershop Harmony Society Chapter ... and of notori ety in the Barberhop and a capella world with accomplishments too numerous to list here! This Original Flagship Show of the station features the best of barbershop, contemporary a cappella, vocal jazz, gospel, doo wop, and more.

      SUNDAYS ~ "Sunday Nights With Vinnie" ~ available when Vinnie is NOT on duty as one of New York's Finest! Vinnie is a Police Officer and former Doo Wop singer who sings with The Big Apple Chorus. He likes to play cuts from his own private collection, as well as using our shared station library of barbershop and other a cappella music.

      During our live shows, you can call us toll free at the studio at
      1-877-THN-SONG
      OR...for the numerically challenged...
      1-US-RUIN-SONG
      Finally..for the alphabetically challenged:
      1-877-846-7664

      There is a barbershop chatroom used by the Harmonet folks, and also by people
      who wish to chat with us during our live broadcasts. Its is at
      www.starchat.net
      and the name of the chatroom is "bbshop" You must have java chat downloaded.
      Click on CHAT, then simply enter your nickname (line one...change it from
      "guest"..and change thegroup name to "bbshop" ( on the third line) (no need to
      enter a password on line 2...just leave it blank)

      Groups who would like thier music played to our worldwide listening audience can
      do so by sending three copies to:

      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042 ...

      Check out our website at: www.harmonize.com/THN

      We need your donations to keep this t o tally voluntary and listener supported venture afloat, spreading the love of our music to a world wide audience! We provide information to the general pub lic o n h ow to contact the various singing organizations who send us CDs. So get your group to donate the proceeds of a performance to THE HARMONY NETWORK, or take up a collection at your rehearsal!

      We are now a 501 (c) (3) organization, and all donations made to us are now and since our inception are retroactively TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

      Pay Pal is now available to make it simple for you to donate. Check at the website, www.harmonize.com/THN

      You can also mail us a check made out to:
      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042

      The Harmony Network is a totally listener supported Radio Station
      that can also be heard worldwide over the internet at

      www.villageradio.com

      Option 2: If you have troubletuning in, try going thru this link:

      http://theharmonynetwork.cjb.net/

      Option 3: Start up Windows Media Player. Click FILE then OPEN URL and paste in this:

      http://www.live365.com/play/293967

      Click OK and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds it should start to play. If you prefer WinAmp to Media Player it works there too.

      We feature Barbershop, Vocal Jazz, Con temporary a cappella, Gospel, and MORE!

      Yours in Harmony,

      Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
      for THN