Westside A Cappella Group forming - Singers Wanted!

  • strategiccreative
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2007
      Fellow Singers!

      I'm David, an experienced amateur singer looking to form a small
      mixed vocal jazz group based in the Santa Monica / Venice / West Los
      Angeles area, perhaps 4-12 singers. I'm not looking for professional
      musicians, just people like myself who love to sing and are
      relatively good at it.

      Sight-singing ability is terrific but not required. If you have a
      piano/keyboard and you are willing and able to take the music home
      and learn your part, that's fine too.

      The meeting place and time, and any other logistic considerations,
      will be worked out later. If you're interested, send me an email and
      introduce yourself, and ask any questions you may have.

      I'm looking for:

      1. People who can commit to weekly rehearsals in the Santa Monica /
      Venice / West LA area. If you're going to be on vacation for a
      month, this probably isn't the group for you. Please let me know
      what your best and worst evenings are (weekends are also a
      possibility, but my experience has been that weekend rehearsal
      attendance is less consistent).

      2. People who love vocal jazz (such as Swingle Singers, Real Group,
      Take 6, etc.) I'm hoping to tackle some challenging arrangements.

      3. People who can hold their own part confidently, both as to pitch
      and rhythm. This will be strictly a cappella, and there's no leaning
      in a group this size.

      4. Also, please let me know if you have other regular singing
      gigs/groups this summer.