Tribute to JIM CASEY tonight on Monday Nights With Joaner

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2007
      HOLEY MOLEY I will miss him! Jime worked with Region 15 AND with Ramapo Valley Chorus...what a GREAT down to earth guy! I KNOW my Franko was there to greet him at the gates of heaven!

      I have lots of HOLY songs to play for him...don't know if I can find any about MOLES, though...

      I will probably begin my tribute to Jim at about 7:30 PM Eastern Time...which will give me a chance to dig up some appropriate music!

      Call in with your requests tonight at 1-877-THN SONG toll free. And join us in the chatroom
      bbshop at www.starchat.net

      I will also be talking about my first performance with Coastline Show Chorus at the Region One contest this past weekend, which we hosted.

      See you tonight! Joaner

      * * * * *

      The Harmony Network has several live shows which all air from 7 PM to 11 PM Eastern Time

      MONDAYS ~ "Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ hosted by Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett, formerly of Ramapo Valley Chorus, now with the Coastline Show Chorus! ... features Men's and Women's Barbershop, Mixed Quartets and Choruses , Vocal Jazz, High School and College a Cappella, Contemporary a Capella, Gospel, Doo Wop, and more! Triple Trivia Contest every week at 10 PM ... guess the artists and win a free CD!

      TUESDAYS ~ "The Best Of Both Worlds" ~ hosted by Ari Brafman, of The Rahway Valley Barberhop Harmony Society Chapter ... features many different genres of music, each cut followed by an a cappella version of the same song.

      THURSDAYS ~ "The Applause Show" ~ hosted by Rich Taylor ... Director of the Rahway Valley Barbershop Harmony Society Chapter ... and of notori ety in the Barberhop and A capella world with accomplishments too numerous to list here! This Original Flagship Show of the station features the best of barbershop, contemporary a cappella, vocal jazz, gospel, doo wop, and more.

      SUNDAYS ~ "Sunday Nights With Vinnie" ~ available when Vinnie is NOT on duty as one of New York's Finest! Vinnie is a Police Officer and former Doo Wop singer who is now in The Big Apple Chorus. He likes to play cuts from his own private collection, as well as using our shared station library of barbershop and other a cappella music.

      During our live shows, you can call us toll free at the studio at
      1-877-THN-SONG
      OR...for the numerically challenged...
      1-US-RUIN-SONG
      Finally..for the alphabetically challenged:
      1-877-846-7664

      There is a barbershop chatroom used by the Harmonet folks, and also by people
      who wish to chat with us during our live broadcasts. Its is at
      www.starchat.net
      and the name of the chatroom is "bbshop" You must have java chat downloaded.
      Click on CHAT, then simply enter your nickname (line one...change it from
      "guest"..and change thegroup name to "bbshop" ( on the third line) (no need to
      enter a password on line 2...just leave it blank)

      Groups who would like thier music played to our worldwide listening audience can
      do so by sending three copies to:

      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042 ...

      Check out our website at: www.harmonize.com/THN

      We need your donations to keep this t o tally voluntary and listener supported venture afloat, spreading the love of our music to a world wide audience! We provide information to the general pub lic o n h ow to contact the various singing organizations who send us CDs. So get your group to donate the proceeds of a performance to THE HARMONY NETWORK, or take up a collection at your rehearsal!

      We are now a 501 (c) (3) organization, and all donations made to us are now and since our inception are retroactively TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

      Pay Pal is now available to make it simple for you to donate. Check at the website, www.harmonize.com/THN

      You can also mail us a check made out to:
      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042

      The Harmony Network is a totally listener supported Radio Station
      that can also be heard worldwide over the internet at

      www.villageradio.com

      Option 2: If you have troubletuning in, try going thru this link:

      http://theharmonynetwork.cjb.net/

      Option 3: Start up Windows Media Player. Click FILE then OPEN URL and paste in this:

      http://www.live365.com/play/293967

      Click OK and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds it should start to play. If you prefer WinAmp to Media Player it works there too.

      We feature Barbershop, Vocal Jazz, Con temporary a cappella, Gospel, and MORE!

      Yours in Harmony,

      Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
      for THN