A Cappella Movie comes to LA!

  • Don Gooding
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2007
      This was posted in the Boston A Cappella list...

      > The a cappella themed movie formerly known as Shut Up and Sing
      > will have its U.S. theatrical debut in Boston, New York, and
      > Los Angeles under the new title SING NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
      > on APRIL 27th. Make sure to come out and support as a big
      > opening weekend will help the film spread to more cities and
      > theaters.

      Here are the details:

      April, 27 2007 - 7:00P

      MUSIC HALL THEATER
      Wilshire Blvd
      BEVERLY HILLS

      I'd like to second this sentiment. I was lucky enough to see a DVD
      of the movie last week, and I was very impressed and moved. The movie
      captures the rush of singing college a cappella, as well as lots of
      other emotions in the midst of some very funny scenes. There are
      three tracks from BOCA 2004 in the film, so I'm of course a BIG
      supporter (not that the general audience will make the connection).
      And a cameo by Barry Carl (ex-bass of Rockapella), and a featured
      role by Samrat Chakrabarti are just some of the other attractions.

      College a cappella is knocking at the door of "mainstream media,"
      and that's something many of us have been hoping for and working
      towards for many years. You can help it out by going to this great
      date movie! And in the movie biz, that first weekend is absolutely
      critical - it makes or breaks a film. So please, get yourself and
      your friends to the Music Hall Theatre in Beverly Hills sometime on
      the weekend of April 27, 28 and 29. Enjoy the show!

      Don Gooding