A CAPPELLA PROGRAM IN UMBRIA, ITALY

  • umbrianserenades
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2006
      UMBRIAN SERENADES is a unique program that brings together passionate choral singers who
      seek opportunities to perform exquisite a cappella vocal chamber repertoire, who want to
      brush up on their vocal, musicianship, and ensemble skills, and who enjoy all that a small
      medieval hilltop town in the Umbrian hills can offer culturally, be it wine, olive oil, cooking,
      etc.

      The Umbrian Serenades chamber ensemble performs Sacred a cappella vocal works, spanning
      from Medieval to present-day Gospel and Spiritual repertoire. For the 2007 season,
      "Serenaders" will have the opportunity to perform in local churches and cathedrals with
      wonderful acoustics, in the hill top towns of Spoleto (home base), Assisi, the home of St.
      Francis, and in Perugia; in Perugia singers will be part of a collaborative concert with the
      Choir of the University of Foreigners. Non-singing travel companions are not only welcome
      but encouraged to join our "Serenaders" in our cultural tastings throughout our program in
      Spoleto!

      For more information check: http://www.umbrianserenades.com