An Unplanned Tribute to ROGER PAYNE ~ Playlist for Tuesday, August 22, 2006:

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      Lucienne Byrne of Ramapo Valley Chorus and Rich Pearson, the NJ CASA representative, were both with me in The Harmony Network Studios when we got the call that Roger Payne had moved on to that A Cappella Choir in the Sky.

      We immediately scrambled for all the Roger Payne arrangements in our library, as well as songs featuring Roger with Reveille, 4 Under Par, and The Big Apple Chorus.

      PLAYLIST ~ TRIBUTE to ROGER PAYNE ~ 10:15 PM ~ 8/22/06:

      REVEILLE ...... Go Tell It On The Mountain .... Danny Boy .... Pirates' Medley

      FOUR UNDER PAR ...... Four Under Par Parody .... One Voice .... Goodbye Song .... Encore Song

      RAZZMATAZZ ...... Roger's Handyman Medley

      POWER PLAY ...... I've Been Workin' On The Railroad

      BSQ ...... Birth Of The Blues .... Fly Me To The Moon

      BIG APPLE CHORUS ...... Jump Shout Boogie

      ALEXANDRIA HARMONIZERS ...... In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning / Always

      BIG APPLE CHORUS ...... Hallelujah Barbershop .... Jeannie .... I'm Just A Gigilo

      STATE LINE GROCERY ...... One For My Baby

      REVEILLE .... Ya Gotta Have Charts .... Crazy Little Thing Called Love .... Scarlet Ribbons .... Camptown Races .... I'm Just A Gigilo .... Lawyers' Medley .... Jeannie .... Jezebel

      THE BOBS ...... A Cappella Choir In The Sky

      * * * * * *

      Just before we got the call from Jeff Forman, we had the Ten PM Triple Trivia Music Contest. No one even wanted to guess when the news broke about Roger...we went immediately into the tribute...but for those of you who are curious about the contest:

      The theme was BLACK BIRD Songs and Medleys...and the three renditions were by:

      ACCOUSTIX .... THE BUFFALO BILLS .... & .... WAYNE NEWTON !

      * * * * *

      ....PLAY LIST ~ OPENING SEGMENT OF THE EVENING ~ 8/22/2006

      THE NYLONS ...... The Stars Are Ours .... Happy Together .... Drift Away

      GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT ...... Kansas City Star (For Ev Nau) .... Shenandoah .... Big Brass Bed

      BOSTON COMMON ...... If All My Dreams Were Made Of Gold .... Caroline (For "George and the Jersey Girls") .... From The First Hello To The Last Goodbye (For Stu Wineberg)

      MYSTERY DATE ...... Somebody To Love (For our "Mystery Guest", Lucienne Byrne!) .... Missionary Man

      RAMAPO VALLEY CHORUS ...... (For Ev Nau: Selections from The Lion King:) .... Circle Of Life Opener .... The Lion Sleeps Tonight .... Can You Feel The Love Tonight .... Hakuna Matata .... Circle of Life Closer

      HARBOR CITY MUSIC COMPANY ...... (For Sue Gunther) .... Drive My Car .... California Dreamin'

      WEEKEND EDITION ...... (Ghost) Judges In The Pit .... One More Minute .... The Raven (For Rich Pearson) .... Help! I'm Turning Into My Parents! (For Bert and Fran)

      * * * * * *

      .."BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" SEGMENT (from Rich Pearson's Collection)

      CALL ME ...... Da Vinci's Notebook and Blondie

      TRAIN IN VAIN ...... Harmonytryx and The Clash

      DOWN ON THE CORNER ...... Five O'Clock Shadow and Credence Clearwater Revival

      CRAZY MAZE ...... House Jacks and Desiree

      SMELLS LIKE TEAM SPIRIT ...... Random Association and Nirvana

      SUNDAY MORNING YELLOW SKIES ...... Harmonytryx and October Project

      PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE) ...... Hyannis Sound and U2

      ALABAMA SONG ...... The Bobs and The Doors

      CRASH INTO ME .... House Jacks and Dave Matthews Band

      HELLO CITY ...... Sons Of Pitches and Barenaked Ladies

      Thanks again for Rich Pearson and Lucienne Byrne for joining me as co-hosts, and for helping me quickly locate all the songs for Roger Payne...and special thanks to Lu for staying overtime with me until almost midnight to pay proper tribute to Roger!

      Jeanie "Joaner Garrett
      for Ari Brafman's "Best of Both Worlds"
      The Harmony Network