Contest Results and Playlist - Monday Night With Joaner - 1/23/06

  • joanersings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2006
      If you're waiting with bated breath for the answer to the mystery rarity found in the song "Come Dancin' " by The Kinks...ya better start breathin'...

      The cut with the same rarity was not in the library last night, so I couldn't play the clue. So it turned into a Mystery Cut and Mystery Songwriter contest, with TWO winners!

      Congratulations to:
      RONNIE SPANN, who correctly identified the Growing Girls singing "This Could Be The Start of Something Big"...
      and
      CINDY SCHLICHT, who knew that it was penned by Steve Allen!

      Your CD's are already in the mail...enjoy!

      The Musical Rarity contest will have to remain a mystery until some future date! But there WILL be a CD giveaway contest EVERY Monday at 10 PM EST, so STAY TUNED!

      * * * * * * * * * * * * *

      PLAYLIST for January 23, 2006:

      According to British Academia, a professor in Cardiffe, Wales officially declared January 23rd "The Gloomiest Day of the year", so I played the following to commemorate this fact:

      NEW TRADITION......Trickle, Trickle

      RIPTIDE........And So It Goes

      CRYSTAL CLEAR / RIPTIDE......Misty

      SWING STREET......River of No Return

      GOTCHA......Wait Till The Sun Shines, Nellie
      (For Ronnie!)

      * * * * * * * * *

      FOUR VOICES....(For Ronnie)....No, No, Nora...If I Only Had A Brain

      AMBIANCE......I've Got a Feeling I'm Falling

      NEW TRADITION......Lydia, The Tattooed Lady

      SOUND DESIGN......Don't Break The Heart That Loves You

      SWING STREET........All Of My Life

      UNPLUGGED......Two Tickets To Georgia....As Long As I'm Singing

      * * * * * * * *
      January 23rd was also the March on Washington, with both Pro-Life and Pro-Choice factions present. (January 22nd was the 33rd anniversary of Roe vs. Wade). I played some selections for the folks on both sides of this issue:

      FOR THE PRO - LIFE CONTINGENT:

      THE RITZ......You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby....Mammy Medley

      LADIES FIRST......(In praise of the Rhythm Method!)....Rhythm of Life....Rhythm Medley

      REVIVAL......Crazy 'Bout Ya, Baby....Jesus, Hold My Hand

      RUMORS......We Are Family....There's Gonna Be The Devil To Pay

      WEST COAST HARMONY CHORUS......Why Haven't I Heard From You....Short People

      DALLAS KNIGHTS......No One Knows What A Red Head Mama Can Do....No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M-A-DoubleM-Y

      OK CITY CHORUS......You Can't Get A Man With A Gun....I'm Glad God Gave Me You

      GAS HOUSE GANG......You Made Me Love You....My Mother's Eyes....Don't Be A Baby, Baby

      SWINGLISH MIX......When My Baby Smiles At Me....You Can't Do That!

      FOR THE PRO - CHOICE CONTINGENT:

      UNPLUGGED......Let Freedom Ring

      GOTCHA......If I Had My Way

      AMBIANCE......Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do

      BSQ.........It All Depends On You

      RHYTHMIX......They Can't Take That Away From Me

      PLATINUM......You Don't Know Me....You're An Education In Yourself

      EAST SIDE / WEST SIDE......What A Wonderful World

      SO RARE......Beginning To See The Light

      RAMAPO VALLEY CHORUS......There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This!

      SOUTHERN ACCORD......Changes Medley

      MS. BEHAVIN'......I've Got The World On A String

      AUTOGRAPH......Watch What Happens....I'm Gonna Live Till I Die

      WEEKEND EDITION......One More Minute....Lean On Me

      THE AUTO TOWNERS......I Walk Alone....Everything's Coming Up Roses

      ACAPPELLO GOLD......I Don't Know Enough About You

      MIDWEST VOCAL EXPRESS......One Voice

      AMBASSADORS OF HARMONY......Hard Times, Come Again No More...When I Life Up My Head

      REPRISE......And So It Goes

      PANACHE......You Took Advantage Of Me....Who's Sorry Now....Someone That I Used To Love

      NASHUA GRANITE STATESMEN......That's Life....Let There Be Peace On Earth

      SHEFFIELD HARMONY CLUB......Sittin' On Top Of The World

      SOUND DESIGN......Don't Call Me Sweetie....Ain't Misbehavin'....The Party's Over

      KINDRED SPIRITS......Where Is Love....No More Sorrow

      NIGHTLIFE......Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence....Smile

      RICHTONES.....I Dreamed A Dream....Do You Hear The People Sing

      * * * * * * * *

      Tune in to "Monday Nights With Joaner" tonight and EVERY Monday from 7 to 11 PM
      EST.

      * * * * * * *

      For links to listen AND chat, go to:

      www.harmonize.com/THN

      To chat, you MUST join the Yahoo Group "bbshop". You can set the option NO MAIL
      if you do NOT wish to receive daily mail from the Harmonet.

      Just to listen: Link is www.villageradio.com

      To call the station toll-free during our live broadcasts:
      Just call 1 - 8 7 7 - T H N - S O N G

      You can listen to our live broadcasts Monday thru Thursday from 7 to 11 PM EST,
      and Fridays from 9 PM to 1 AM, right at your computer!

      Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
      JoanerSings@...