May 14 all-day sing reminder

  • yewzerble
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 10:59 PM
      13th Annual
      Los Angeles Area Regional Singing

      An all-day shape note singing will be held
      at Angel's Gate Cultural Center
      (Building H) in San Pedro on Saturday,
      May 14, 2005, from 10:00 - 3:00, with
      "dinner on the grounds" (potluck)
      at approximately 12:00 - 1:00.

      More details are given at:
      http://homepage.smc.edu/russell_richard/fasola/
      2005%20regional.htm

      Learning the Shapes

      If you want an introduction to some of the quirky folksy things
      about Shape Note Singing (e.g. the raised sixth in the "minor"
      scale), a Learner's Group session will be held this Saturday
      (May 7), from 4 to 6 p.m. in Santa Monica.

      For details about Learner's Group:

      http://homepage.smc.edu/russell_richard/fasola/
      Learners%20Group%20Details.htm

      LA Shape Note in general:
      http://homepage.smc.edu/russell_richard/fasola/

      Both the all-day sing and the Learner's Group are free of charge.
      Loaner books are available.

      In Shape Note singing everybody sings all the time (4 solid
      hours of singing for everybody + 1 hour dinner). It's not a
      performance situation where we take turns listening to each
      other. But we take turns calling songs.

      Hope to hear you there,

      David Olson