Would you like to join a new group?

  • Paul Heatley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2005
      Seeking Enthusiastic Singers For New Group

      I'm a British acappella singer and arranger, just arrived in LA to join my American wife. I led a successful choir in London covering 60s - 80s pop and plan to start a similar group here, provisionally entitled THE HIT CHARADES. So far my arrangements include songs by the Supremes, Carpenters, Abba, Human League, Whitney Houston and Madonna.

      I love doing this just for the fun of it but also want to get some paid gigs so I'm looking for a dedicated group of 9 or 10 singers, male and female. Each person would have the opportunity to perform solos as well as being a vital part of the group. Professional training and experience would be helpful, a love of classic pop songs is essential.

      If you have a good voice which is currently underemployed please write and let me know what you can do. I already have a number of interested people but could do with more, especially basses and sopranos. A first meeting/audition in La Crescenta has been fixed for Tuesday 11th January 2005 so get in touch soon!

      Cheers,

      Paul Heatley - pheatley@...
      Mobile: 818-675-1270