Tuesday Night Swipes on THN...The Harmony Network

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi Gang,

      The following comes from Marty Israel, host of the Tuesday Night Swipes Show.

      Hi everyone!

      On Tuesday, July 6, the Tuesday night entry of The Harmony Network, Tuesday Night Swipes, will be back on the air.  Since most of you do not live within a two mile radius of Upper Montclair, New Jersey, the easiest way to hear the show is to go to www.harmonize.com/thn and follow the directions.

      This week’s feature cut is something quite special.  It will feature the legendary Walter Latzko’s ten personal favorite Walter Latzko arrangements, as performed by the artists he himself specified.  Actually, it will be the top twelve, because he didn’t want to leave out any particular performers, but he did indeed choose each arrangement that you’re going to hear.

      To give you an idea of the caliber of what we consider the feature cut, next week’s show (July 13) will feature the greatest and most ambitious barbershop arrangement ever written and performed!  Of course, to find out what that is, you’ll just have to tune in.

      This week, though, we will also be premiering the new Michigan Jake CD, along with the goofy cut of the night and the mystery cut of the night, which, if you are the first to contact us via the chat room, e-mail, or the telephone and exactly identify the performers, you win a CD!

      So, tune in.  You’ll be glad you did.

      Canto ergo sum

      Marty Israel

      Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network
      www.harmonize.com/applauseshow/thn

      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2004
        Hi Gang

        Marty Israel the host of Tuesday Night Swipes asked me to forward this to you.  Hope you can tune in.

        Hi everyone!

        Tomorrow evening, Tuesday Night Swipes will be featuring the most ambitious barbershop arrangement ever written and performed: Walter Latzko’s Academy Award Medley.  This medley from 1973 features EVERY Oscar winning song from the award’s inception to the (then) present day.  The performance is by the 1973 District Champion Montclair (NJ) Chorus, later to merge with the Livingston NJ Dapper Dans of Harmony.  This 35 minute medley will be played in its entirety and all featured performers will be identified.

        As per recent Harmonet discussions, we will also include Misty, as sung by Crystal Clear and Riptide, as well as the Mystery Cut of the night where the first correct listener to identify the performers will win a CD,  the Goofy Cut of the night and your requests if you call in, e-mail, or join in on our chat room.

        Hopefully we’ll chat then.

        Canto ergo sum

        Marty Israel

        Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

        The Harmony Network

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2004

          Hi everyone!

          I want to echo what Joaner so adequately described in the post for her Monday Night Show on the Harmony Network.  It was wonderful and I would look for more shows of this type to be done, as a great time was had by all.  AND, of course, Just4(Kicks), Debut and The BUZZ were fantastic.  Just4(Kicks) has a new CD, Debut’s is coming out shortly and we’re already looking forward to BUZZ2.

          This week, the Featured Cut will be a great “live” performance by one of our legendary champs from the 60s (although the performance is from the 70s).  We also have a new Mystery Cut, and if anyone can correctly guess the identity of the performers, they will win themselves a CD.  Last week, Jeff Steinhardt correctly identified the Mills Brothers and won himself the new Michigan Jake CD!

          There will also be the Goofy Cut of the night and maybe a couple more surprises!

          Tuesday Night Swipes is a proud program on the Harmony Network.  To tune in, go to www.harmonize.com/thn and follow the directions to the live broadcast, which is on 7:00pm-11:00pm.  We hope to hear from you during the show!

          Canto ergo sum

          Marty Israel, Host

          Tuesday Night Swipes

          The Harmony Network

          Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network
          www.harmonize.com/thn

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2004
            Hi Gang,

            Marty Israel, the host of the "Tuesday Night Swipes" show on THN asked me to forward this to you.  Please enjoy and tune in on Monday through Thursdays, 7-11:00pm for live interractive shows on The Harmony Network.  www.harmonize.com/thn and click on the "Listen In" link, or direct to www.villageradio.com .  We now have a toll-free telephone number from anywhere in the continental United States at 877-846-7664 which spell out 877 -THN - SONG.  Hope to have you as a listener.

            "Hi everyone!

            If you tuned in to Tuesday Night Swipes this past Tuesday night, you heard:

            Featured Cut – Ambiance: Excerpts from Rhapsody in Blue

            Mystery Cut – Uptown Sound: My Mother's Eyes

            Heritage Cut – Osmonds Second Generation: Show Me The Way

            (OPENER) Dealer's Choice – Good-bye, Old Dixie, Good-bye

            Prairie Winds: You Make Me Feel So Young

            Cool & Jazzy: Bei Mir Bistu Shein

            Rumors: Ability To Swing

            Toronto Northern Lights: Lover Come Back

            Tonic Sol-Fa: A Little Less Conversation

            Suntones: Together Wherever We Go

            Song of Atlanta Show Chorus: Gotta Know How To Dance MEDLEY

            The Real Group: Night And Day

            Just 4 (Kicks): I'm Gonna Live Till I Die

            Nashua Granite Statesmen: Firefly/Glow Worm

            Fourth Avenue: In The Midnight Hour

            Rapscallions: Toot Toot Tootsie/Goodbye My Lady Love

            Melodeers: Floatin’ Down To Cotton Town

            King’s Singers: The Rose

            Upstate Rhythm: Don't Break The Heart That Loves You

            Ambassadors of Harmony: My Honey's Lovin’ Arms

            Just 4 Kicks: Superstition

            Cadence: Spinning Wheel

            Village Vocal Chords: All The Way

            Chanticleer: Camptown Races

            A Cappella Gold: When The Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-bob-bobbin’ Along

            Vocal Majority: Stormy Weather

            DaVinci’s Notebook: What A Wonderful World

            Chiefs Of Staff: Every Tear Is A Smile In An Irishman’s Heart

            North Metro Chorus: Robert E Lee MEDLEY

            The Idea Of North: My Foolish Heart

            City Lights: Cornet Man

            Houston Tidelanders: Mona Lisa

            Swingle Singers: The Girl From Ipenema

            Excalibur: Gonna Build A Mountain

            Pride of Kentucky: Home On The Range

            Singers Unlimited: We've Only Just Begun

            Growing Girls: For Once In My Life

            Louisville Thoroughbreds: From This Moment On

            AC Rock: What's Your Name?

            Michigan Jake: That's How Rhythm Was Born

            139th Street Quartet: Take Her Down To Coney Isle And Give Her The Air

            Scottsdale Chorus: Oh How I Miss You Tonight

            Manhattan Transfer: Four Brothers

            The Buzz: Once Upon A Time

            American Barberboys: The Key To Success With The Beautiful Girls

            Acappellago: Danny Boy

            Acoustix: Stars And Stripes Forever

            Gem City: Purlie

            After Hours: Love Me And The World Is Mine

            Nylons: Chain Gang

            Alexandria Harmonizers: Our Love Is Here To Stay

            Rockapella: Shambala

            Sundowners: Wichita Lineman

            Rich Tones: Rockabye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody

            Hi-Los: In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning

            Brava!: Royal Garden Blues

            Heralds Of Harmony: Shenandoah

            Boyz Nite Out: I Believe

            PLATINUM: Who Will Buy

            Pride of Baltimore: Bye Bye Bye

            Four Freshmen: Polka Dots And Moonbeams

            Showtime: Goody Goody

            Masters of Harmony: I had Someone Else Before I Met You/Who’s Sorry Now

            Aftershock: One More Minute

            (CLOSER) Carpenters – Without A Song

            Alas, no one identified the Mystery Cut, so no one was able to claim the Max Q CD, titled Discovery.  This CD will be next week’s prize.

            We would like to acknowledge the Seneca Land District and the Big Apple Chorus for their generous contributions to The Harmony Network!

            www.villageradio.com is  now direct to Live 365 Radio... no more hassles with
            the dish from Wave to Wave...folks who have been tuning in say the show quality
            is better than ever!  We will be making more improvements in the coming weeks.

            Remember, www.harmonize.com/thn and click on the "Listen in" button.  You can
            now reach us TOLL FREE at 877-846-7664 ("THN-SONG") from anywhere in the
            continental United States.  Call us and tell us what you want to hear.
            There are LIVE SHOWS Monday thru Thursday evenings.

            Tuesday Night Swipes, a program on The Harmony Network, is on 7:00pm-11:00pm Eastern time.

            Canto ergo sum

            Marty Israel

            Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

            Proud to be on The Harmony Network"

            Thanks for listening in to all the THN radio shows.