Auditions: Alto & bass wanted

  • Keith Berman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      Hi, allow myself to introduce ourselves. We're Quarter-Life Crisis, a co-ed group in
      L.A. We've got 9 people already; unfortunately, our alto is departing to run for
      Congress (yes, that's the U.S. Congress -- not for California's seat, don't ask, long
      story) and Santa didn't bring us another bass this year for Christmas (possibly
      because some of us are Jewish).

      About us: We're a cool bunch who enjoys hanging out outside rehearsals (average age
      is 27) and we're not looking to quit our day jobs, but we are looking to get mildly
      serious about actually rehearsing and performing. We've learned a number of songs
      -- repertoire includes artists like Evanescence, Tori Amos, The Who, Chris DeBurgh
      and Vertical Horizon. We rehearse normally on the Westside or in the Valley on the
      weekends.

      What we'd like from our new alto and bass: Sight-reading a plus, ability to make it to
      most or all weekly rehearsals, past a cappella experience a plus but not necessary,
      ability to play well with others.

      Auditions are being held Saturday, June 5 on the Westside from 1:30-4pm. E-mail
      me at keith@... or call (310) 699-1969 to schedule a rehearsal (e-
      mail is preferable, please do NOT call during business hours). Thanks.

      --Keith