ALTO needed for the JOHN LINK PROJECT

  • John Link
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2004
      HTML Message Lisa Hindmarsh, the alto in the John Link Project, will be leaving the group at the end of March. Whom do you know that might be a candidate to replace her? I would appreciate your passing my audition notice to any such singers.

      Thank you,
      John Link

      ALTO needed for the JOHN LINK PROJECT

      ALTO (low E to high Bb) needed immediately for the JOHN LINK PROJECT. Part jazz group, part classical ensemble, part rock band, the John Link Project uses voices as instruments along with a rhythm section of guitar, bass, and drums to perform an eclectic repertoire of instrumental music by jazz composers such as Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Bill Evans, and Earl Zindars, classical composers such as Beethoven, Chopin, Debussy, Mussorgsky, Satie, and Scriabin, as well as original compositions by John Link. We are looking for someone with the ability to sing music from various genres without sounding like a caricature of each of the genres, with the ability to improvise, and with the desire and ability to make this group a priority.

      To hear selections from the repertoire visit the following site:
      http://www.cdbaby.com/JohnLink

      Rehearsals are held on West 26th Street in Manhattan. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this innovative group, please call (212)463-7102 or email johnlink@... to schedule an audition.