AUDITIONS: Soprano wanted

  • Keith Berman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2004
      Contemporary a cappella group seeks soprano. We enjoy long walks on
      the beach,
      cuddling by the fire, romantic dinners.

      Let me try that again. We're a group of about 10 people who sing
      modern a cappella
      (translation: no choral stuff, no barbershop, we sing stuff you
      probably have heard on
      the radio), and we're looking for a soprano to finalize our lineup.
      We sing because we
      love it and we missed singing -- we're not looking to quit our day
      jobs and go on a
      world tour (though if someone offered us the chance...). We're a fun
      group of people
      who enjoy hanging out with each other as well as singing together,
      and we can be
      sick bastards so a good sense of humor and non-easily-offended
      sensibilities are
      needed. Rehearsals are usually twice a month on Sunday afternoons.
      Repertoire so
      far consists of songs like Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life," Chris
      Deburgh's "Lady in
      Red" and The Who's "Pinball Wizard," to give you a rough idea of what
      we mean by
      "contemporary."

      Auditions will consist of you singing scales and a solo for us and
      doing pitch recall,
      we'll all do a blending exercise together and then you get to tell us
      a joke. We're
      planning auditions for the afternoon of Sunday, February 8. Contact
      Keith at
      keith@... or (310) 699-1969 to schedule a time (e-mail
      preferred during work hours).