Auditions: All voice parts

  • Keith Berman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2003
      Howdy y'all--

      In the immortal words of the Blues Brothers, "We're gettin' the band back together."
      There's a co-ed group of 5 of us here in Los Angeles, all former collegiate a cappella
      singers who have been out of college for a few years and miss singing very much, and
      we are trying to expand the group, so we'd like to hold auditions to try to add
      anywhere from three to five people.

      About us: Fun people who love singing and hanging out together and making sick
      jokes; our musical stylings range pretty much in the pop/rock arena (songs we're
      working on include "The Lady in Red," "Pinball Wizard," "Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky
      Morning)" and "Bring Me to Life"); we meet generally once or twice a month on Sunday
      afternoons. We're not looking to quit our day jobs -- this is something fun we're
      doing on the side and if we can get some paying gigs, that'd be sweet, but if not, we'll
      head down to the Santa Monica Promenade and entertain the masses because we just
      love singing so much.

      Who we're looking for: Fun people who will enjoy hanging out with us and can
      receive and dish the sick humor, people who have prior a cappella experience,
      arranging ability a plus but not necessary, vocal percussion ability a plus but not
      necessary, being able to read sheet music is a definite big plus.

      Auditions will be held Sunday, December 7. Please contact Keith at (310) 699-1969
      or keith@... for more info or to schedule an audition on that day.
      Did I mention we're not above bribery? :) Looking forward to hearing from you.