SOPRANO needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

  • John Link
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2003

      Hi Friends,

      The soprano in my vocal quintet will be moving from New York in the fall, so I'm looking for someone to replace her. I would appreciate your passing my audition notice to any singers that you think might be qualified and interested.

      Thank you,
      John Link

      SOPRANO WITH EXTENDED RANGE needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

      SOPRANO with extended range (low G to F above high C) needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET, which sings my wordless vocal arrangements of instrumental compositions by such composers as Beethoven, Chopin, Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Debussy, Bill Evans, Pat Metheny, Ennio & Andrea Morricone, Mussorgsky, Satie, Scriabin, and Earl Zindars, as well as my original compositions. I am looking for a singer with the ability to perform music from various genres without creating a caricature of each of the genres, with the ability to improvise, and with the desire and ability to make this group a priority.

      To hear recordings of the John Link Vocal Quintet visit the following sites:
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnLink
      http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

      So that the ensemble will perform at the highest level, rehearsals include Awareness Through Movement lessons ( http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais ) and ensemble singing lessons.

      Rehearsals are held Monday evenings on West 26th Street in Manhattan. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this innovative group, call (212)463-7102 to schedule an audition.