Applause Show Playlist for 04/10/2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2003
      Greetings, one and all!

      Last Thursday found T.J. in the studio all by his lonesome (well, he had some help from a guardian angel), playing the best music from the Applause Show library, including several requests from you, our loyal listeners.  If you tuned in, you got to hear a mix of styles, genres, and musical eras...everything from Gospel and Doo-Wop to Jazz and Contemporary, with plenty of top-notch barbershop harmony (from the guys and the gals) to celebrate the 65th Anniversary of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America, Inc.  So thanks to all of you for giving us your requests, and for choosing to spend your Thursday with us on WVRM.  Without further ado, here are the 77 SONGS (wow) we featured last week...

      The Vocal Majority - I'm The Music Man
      Fred - The Meaning of FRED (L-O-V-E Parody)
      Bank Street - Paper Doll
      Excalibur - When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
      Genuine Craft - Midnight Rose
      Rumors - The Lady Down the Hall (Charla Clare - solo)(Request)
      Four Voices - After You've Gone (Request)
      Weekend Edition - Lu Lu's Back In Town
      The Boston Common - We Three
      Glad - Embraceable You
      Countdown - River Stay 'Way From My Door
      Toxic Audio - Paperback Writer
      Tone Apetite - God Bless America
      Pride of Kentucky Chorus - Two Tickets to Georgia Medley
      Manhattan Transfer - A Nightengale Sang In Berkely Square
      Rich-Tones - A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening (with Acclaim & Rhythmix)
      B&O Connection - Ride The Railroad
      Hampton Ave. - Make Lemonade
      Reveille - Go Tell It On The Mountain (Show Opener)
      SoVoSo - Big Family
      Auto Towners - My Love Is Like A Red, Red Rose (Clint Bostick - solo)
      Acoustix - The Masquerade Is Over
      Dallas Knights - By The Time I Get To Phoenix
      Princeton Nassoons - Perfidia
      Classic Collection - If I Could Be With You
      Ball In The House - Home
      Four Voices - Lazybones
      3 Men & A Melody - Shoofly Pie & Apple Pan Dowdy
      Cheers - Here Am I, Broken Hearted
      Bay Area Showcase Chorus - This Joint Is Jumpin'
      Mountain Jubilee - Over The Rainbow
      Choral-Aires - You Are My Sunshine
      Brylcream - Mr. Blue
      The Mighty Echoes - Sh-Boom
      The Doo Wop Shop - Duke of Earl
      OK Chorale - You Never Can Be Too Sure About The Girls Medley
      Thoroughbreds - Happy Feet Medley
      Southern Gateway Chorus - That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone
      Crossroads - Takin' A Chance On Love
      Golden Gate Quartet - Rock My Soul (Request)
      Golden Gate Quartet - Our Father (Request)
      Bartlesville Barflies - Darkness On The Delta (Request)
      Flat Foot Four - When You And I Were Young, Maggie/Maggie Blues (Request)
      Chordbusters - I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
      Metropolis - Sing, Sing, Sing
      Vox One - Moonglow
      The Perfect Gentlemen - Java Jive
      The Management - Chattanooga Choo-Choo
      Voices of Liberty - Stephen Foster Medley
      The Cathedrals - Trying to Get A Glimpse
      Take 6 - I've Got Life/Spread Love (live in Tokyo)
      Cracker Jills - The Trolley Song
      Riptide - Wonderful World (Request)
      Scottsdale Chorus - The Original Dixieland One-Step
      Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Seventy-Six Trombones
      Duwende - Flash Mama
      The Real Group - When I Fall In Love
      Random Access - Tuxedo Junction
      Sundowners - Wichita Lineman
      Gas House Gang - All Aboard for Dixieland (Request)
      Saturday Evening Post - Makin' Whoopee
      The Ritz - Louisville Lou
      Platinum - Hushabye Mountain
      Ambiance - I Never Knew I Could Love Anybody Like I'm Loving You
      Stone Mountain Chorus - Great Performances Parody/I'm Confessin' That I Love You (Tim Brooks - solo)
      Bay Rum Runners - My Little Pal (Request)
      Grandma's Boys - Freddie Feel-Good & His Funky Little Four-Piece Band
      Sound Revival - For You (Neil Plum - Solo)
      West Towns Chorus - All Alone
      The Vocal Majority - Stormy Weather
      Keepsake - The Battle Hymn Of The Republic
      Easternaires - I'm Gonna Live 'Til I Die
      Northern Lights - South Rampart Street Parade
      The King's Singers - Kiss From A Rose
      Ambassadors of Harmony - Applause, Applause
      Naturally Seven - Bless This House

      Join us tonight for more of the best in vocal harmony on the Applause Show, from 6:30pm - 11:00pm (Eastern DAYLIGHT Time), on WVRM, 1620AM/91.9FM/Comcast Cable 34.  You can learn more about how to support the show with your music (and your money) at www.harmonize.com/applauseshow, and you can drop us a line in the studio at applause@..., or visit the chat room during the broadcast.  Thanks again...we look forward to serving you!

      ---
      T. J. Barranger
      Creative Director
      Chordz Productions
      Piscataway, NJ

      Producer
      The Applause Show
      with Rich Taylor

      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website:  The "APPLAUSE" Show Website
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      Winner 2001 P.R.O.B.E.  "Outstanding Achievement Award"
             for hosting  the Nashville Webcast

              for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show

             for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show