Singers (SATB) needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

  • John Link
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2003

      Hello,

      I'm back at it again, looking for singers for my vocal quintet. Please give some thought to whether you might know any candidates for the group. I would appreciate your passing my audition notice to them.

      Thank you,
      John Link

      SINGERS needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

      SOPRANO, ALTO, TENOR, and BARITONE needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET, which sings wordless vocal arrangements of instrumental compositions by such composers as Frederic Chopin, Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Clause Debussy, Bill Evans, Pat Metheny, Ennio & Andrea Morricone, Modeste Mussorgsky, Erik Satie, Alexander Scriabin, and Earl Zindars, as well as my original compositions. I am looking for four talented and committed musicians to use their voices as their instruments in creating a group that will break new ground.

      To hear recordings of the John Link Vocal Quintet visit the following sites:
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnLink
      http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet.

      Below are the ranges through which the singers are required to vocalize. These ranges reflect the extremes used in the repertoire.

      SOPRANO: Low G to high F

      ALTO: Low E to high Bb

      TENOR: Low A to high B

      BARITONE: Low E to high A

      I am looking for singers with the ability to sing music from various genres without sounding like a caricature of each of the genres, with the ability to improvise, and with the desire and ability to make this group a priority.

      So that the ensemble will perform at the highest level, rehearsals include Awareness Through Movement lessons (http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais) and ensemble singing lessons.

      Rehearsals are held on West 26th Street in Manhattan. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this innovative group, call (212)463-7102 to schedule an audition.

    • John Link
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2003
        Singers (SATB) needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET
        Hi Friends,

        Once again I'm looking for singers for my vocal quintet. Whom do you know that might be a candidate for the group? I would appreciate your passing my audition notice to any such singers.

        Thank you,
        John Link

        SINGERS needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET

        SOPRANO, ALTO, TENOR, and BARITONE needed for the JOHN LINK VOCAL QUINTET, which sings wordless vocal arrangements of instrumental compositions by such composers as Frederic Chopin, Chick Corea, Miles Davis, Claude Debussy, Bill Evans, Pat Metheny, Ennio & Andrea Morricone, Modeste Mussorgsky, Erik Satie, Alexander Scriabin, and Earl Zindars, as well as my original compositions. I am looking for four talented and committed musicians to use their voices as their instruments to create a group that will break new ground.

        To hear recordings of the John Link Vocal Quintet visit the following sites:
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JohnLink
        http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

        Below are the extremes of the ranges used in the repertoire:

        SOPRANO: Low G to high E
        ALTO: Low E to high G
        TENOR: Low A to high B
        BARITONE: Low E to high G