NYC/Northern New Jersey - "Help Wanted on The "APPLAUSE" Show

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2002
      Hi there members of the Acappella and Barbershop Discussion Groups in and around the New York City/ Northern New Jersye area.

      The "APPLAUSE" Show with Rich Taylor and T.J. Barranger broadcasts the longest single time slot featuring acappella music of all kinds, every Thursday night from 6:30 - 11:00 pm from the studios of WVRM Radio 1620AM, 91.9 FM,  on Comcast Cable TV Channel 34 and to a worldwide audience on the Internet at: www.villageradio.com   The show has been hosted by Rich Taylor since it's inception in April of 1997.  TJ Barranger has been with the show since January of 2000.

      We are currently looking for a third person to complete the "Ensemble Show" format that we have been successful with since we went on the Internet in Devember of 1999.  Rich Pearson, the NJ Ambassador of CASA joined the team when we went on WVRM in January of 2002.  As some of you may know, Rich is in the process of getting married and shuffeling responsibilities at work and has left the show.  We are lloking for his replacement.

      The Position
      The "third" member of the team will be the operating engineer for the show, and will be an on-air personality along with TJ and I.  In addition to operating the "board" for the broadcast, the person will offer their opinions, experiences and responses to all topics discussed on the show.  They will be a representative of the show at local acappella and barbershop harmony shows, and will be involved in the production of A cappella Concerts hosted by The "APPLAUSE" Show or by Regional Boadcasting Services , our parent company and owner of WVRM Radio.  The position pays exactly what TJ and I receive... $0.00 per year <g>  Remember this is listener supported radio.

      We would like the new person to commit to a 1 year period.  We think our audiences would actually prefer a female and/or someone from the contemporary acappella community, but we are offering this opportunity to anyone who enjoys acappella and barbershop music and who is within driving distance of Upper Montclair. There is also a train station 1 block from the station in Upper Montclair. All you need to do is email me at:

      RMTMUSIC@...
      and tell me a little about yourself and let me know you would like to have a meeting/interview with TJ and I.  Don't be shy... send the email and become part of a very exciting project.

      We have heard from some people who we will be contacting soon.
      Thanks for tuning in and for considering joining this show's team.
      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website:  www.harmonize.com/applauseshow
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      Winner 2001 P.R.O.B.E.  "Outstanding Achievement Award"
             for hosting  the Nashville Webcast
              for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show

             for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show