UPDATE on Fundraising Campaign and General Appeal

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2002
      To all who value Live "Barbershop" and "A Cappella" Radio,

      I want to bring you up to date on the state of the 2002-2003 fund-raising campaign for The "APPLAUSE" Show, and share with you some of my thoughts on where I would love to see "Barbershop and A Cappella Radio"  within the next 5 years.

      We want to thank each of those people who have given their donations to the show.  We finally have our stationary and we will be sending letters of acknowledgement to everyone who has made a contribution of any kind to the show.  To date, we have raised $3,778.00  of the $ 9,000.00 needed to fund the show for a year.  Although thankful for every dollar so far,we are disappointed that our message has not provided the full amount for the budget.

      We are doing all we can to promote the show.  We have personally travelled to more than a dozen venues featuring barbershop and a cappella music to bring information to new audiences.  We have a benefactor that has provided rare lithograph sets of portraits of John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon , never before offered to the public with only 165 sets out of only 300 produced in the world  remaining.  The benefactor has agreed to allow our vocal community to purchase these collector's items  with a portion of each sale donated to the show.  We have made ourselves available to chapters within driving distance to be a part of their annual show with a lobby display and a message to the show audience.  And we continue to publish the weekly Playlist to inform you about the artists who make the show successful.

      We are asking you to do two things today:
             1. If you have not sent your contribution, check out The "APPLAUSE"
                   Show website at The "APPLAUSE" Show and click on the section
                   called  "How to Support Us"  .  I t will guide you through sending
                   your gift.
             2. If you are a chapter officer, or a member of a  performing quartet,
                   perhaps you would consider underwriting 1 (one) week's worth
                   of broadcasting, a contribution of $175.00.  If you choose this
                   type of support, we would invite your chapter or quartet to be
                   the "program directors" for that particular week of programming.
                   And , if you are close enough or wish to travel to NJ, you could
                   actually be in the studio "live" as our guest "Host".

      We do not want to have to continually ask or beg for our operating costs.  We look at the numbers of people that are members of our organizations, and we are baffled that the drive is still not completed.  We are broadcasters, not professional fundraisers, so that required function is foreign to us.

      You know, T.J. Barranger and I dream of the day when you can turn on the radio in your car or at home and hear barbershop or acappella music, being broadcast over the "Barbershop Network"....where you can turn on your computer and hear the finest of vocal a cappella music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  A network where there is live broadcasting all day... with shows eminating from studios all over the world and carried for broadcast on one Live Barbershop Network.  Coming into our homes or cars via satellite transmission or high speed cable.  All of the technology to make this happen is already available.  What we dream of is finding the money and the support to develope and run this kind of venture.   Will that happen in the next year ..... absolutely not.  But in the next 5 years....we believe with proper planning and support financially from the
      a cappella community, we can do all of that and more.  Imagine, sitting in your livingroom and turning on the radio and hearing a "live" broadcast of the Vocal Majority, or the Rich Tones Annual Show, live from the theater where the show is being performed. All of this is possible, but exists only as a dream until our community (barbershop singers and a cappella singers) embraces the concept and supports the idea of BARBERSHOP ON THE AIRWAYS.

      Thank you all for your belief in "Listener Supported" radio, and for your interest in The "APPLAUSE" Show.  We are committed to bringing you the finest in Barbershop Harmony and A Cappella Music each and every week.  We need your partnership to make this even more successful than we have hoped for.  Please email us if you have any questions, and we look forward to getting your help in putting this fund-raising drive behind us.

      For a grateful "APPLAUSE" Team, I remain, very truly yours,

      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website:  The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      Winner 2001 P.R.O.B.E.  "Outstanding Achievement Award"
             for hosting  the Nashville Webcast
              for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show

             for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show