Online Jazz Vocalist Competition

  • John Link
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2002
      Online Jazz Vocalist Competition
      I thought that I would pass along the competition announcement below. I don't normally enter competitions for which there is an entry fee but this competition is different in that it gives lots of exposure. As the notice says, last year's competition had over 18,000 voters!

      Be sure to find (and vote for!) my entry, Chick Corea's "La Fiesta".

      John Link

      Jazzconnect presents our 3rd annual jazz competition

      THE JAZZCONNECT.COM VOCAL JAZZ COMPETITION
      We are now accepting entries through November 1, 2002. Get all the details by visiting us at >http://www.jazzconnect.com/competition
      Enter Now! Jazz vocalists must submit a recorded performance of their work. The recording will be placed on the Jazzconnect.com Internet stage in streaming Real Audio format. The jazz community will be invited to listen and vote on-line.
      The grand prize this year is a paid engagement at Birdland Jazz Club in New York City! This performance will be professionally recorded live and produced into a CD. The winner will receive 200 copies to use for promotion or to sell.
      Why enter? Have thousands of people hear your music (last year we had over 18,000 voters). Get a link to your website or if you don't have one, we'll build you one free! Get lots of exposure by being part of this unique event that will be covered by the media and advertised in jazz publications and around the Internet. And last but not least, WIN THE GRAND PRIZE!
      P.S. Enter early, the longer you're on the stage, the more visibility you'll get. The voting will begin in October and run into December. Three winners will be chosen on December 24, 2002

      http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
      http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais