Fw: [Chicago-acappella] Harmony Sweepstakes on video

  • Mike Economou
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2002

      Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 5:59 PM
      Subject: [Chicago-acappella] Harmony Sweepstakes on video

      Hello all, I'd really appreciate a minute of your time to read
      through and quickly respond to this post at either
      flowerjohn1@... or todd@...

      I'm writing on behalf of Octave Films, which is a video production
      company interested in working with Harmony Sweepstakes this year to
      produce videos of all the 2003 shows, as well as a behind-the-scenes
      documentary that would follow that path of a few groups from start
      to completion of the competition.  Both myself and my business
      partner, Todd Pritts, are veterans of the the Chicago Sweeps, having
      performed with Delusions of Grandeur back in the 90's.  So we know
      what a great event this is and we'd like to spread that word through
      video, and also give an opportunity to fans who usually only have
      the opportunity to see one show to see as many as they want to.

      So we're doing some market research to see if this is a feasible
      option.  Our plans are to offer a VHS and DVD version of each
      regional in it's entirety and a DVD of the documentary.  These
      videos would theoretically be available at the shows, on the web,
      and in the PAC catalog.  So, if you have a minute, please write and
      let us know your level of interest, how many of the tapes you might
      be willing to buy at a price between $15-25, which HS shows you plan
      to attend this year, if we might be able to contact you with further
      questions, and please include any other thoughts you might have.
      We'd love to hear from all of you, and your response could be the
      difference making this a reality - so thank you!
      -John Flower
      Production Manager
      Octave Films