Sixth Wave update -- big news!

  • AmySingsLA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2002
      Hello everyone!  Welcome to all the people who've signed up for the email list in the last couple of weeks.

      We know you've been wondering just what the heck we've been doing lately.  Well, the answer is--a lot!  Here is our big, oh-so-wonderful news:

      Sixth Wave has signed a label and distribution deal with LML Music, a small label specializing in some of the best vocal talent around (see the full shameless press release at the end of this email)!  Our debut CD, originally released on our own Singularity Records label in March 2001, has been re-packaged and re-released on the LML label.  It's now available at www.lmlmusic.com and at our gigs (more about that later).  And the good news doesn't stop there.  LML has a distribution deal with Allegro Corporation, one of the largest distributors of independent music in the US.  What does that mean, you ask?  It means our beautiful CD will be in record stores nationwide beginning November 5th!!!!!  That's right…you'll be able to walk into your local record store and find us cheek-by-jowl with some of the biggest names in the industry.  Just in time for all those holiday gifts you'll need to buy.  Woo-hoo!!!

      You say you want concerts?  Here's a doozy!  In our continuing quest to share the stage with some of the biggest names in a cappella universe (we sang with The Bobs and Rockapella this summer), we're performing with…wait for it…THE SWINGLE SINGERS!!!  Yep, they're "swinging" their way through Southern California in October and specifically asked to do a gig with us.  Really.  We'll tell you the story sometime soon.  Here are the details:

      Sixth Wave and THE SWINGLE SINGERS!
      Sunday, October 20th, 4 p.m.
      The Jazz Bakery
      3233 Helms Avenue
      Culver City, CA  90232
      310-271-9039 (reservations highly recommended)
      Tickets:  $25 general admission, $13 with student ID

      It's rare indeed when "the swingles" perform in such an intimate venue.  We expect this concert to sell out, so call early!

      Hope to see you all soon…

      Sixth Wave is Cindy Bourquin, Eric Bradley, Elin Carlson, Amy Fogerson, Gary Rosen and Gerald White
      award-winning a cappella jazz/pop/rock
      www.6thwave.com

      --If you'd prefer not to receive these email updates, please reply to this message with the word "remove" in the body of the message--

      SIXTH WAVE signs with LML Music

      Award-winning Los Angeles-based vocal group SIXTH WAVE has just signed a recording and nationwide distribution deal with LML Music.

      "We're elated to be the newest members of LML Music's artist roster," said SIXTH WAVE's alto Amy Fogerson, "and excited about bringing our music to a whole new audience."

      The self-titled debut CD SIXTH WAVE, originally released in March 2001 under the Singularity Records label, will be repackaged (with new cover art) and re-released online September 25th and in music stores nationwide on November 5th through LML Music's distribution deal with the Allegro Corporation.  Upbeat and addictive, their CD receives rave reviews from just about everyone who listens.

      "I am thrilled to be adding the incredible vocal stylings of SIXTH WAVE to the LML Music label," said Lee Lessack, President of LML Music.  "I first heard them perform at a charity event, and was completely taken with their performance.  Their sound is quite unique and their harmonies are simply glorious."

      SIXTH WAVE sings a cappella, creating a musical experience just as rich and complex as any group using instruments.  So good is their vocal alchemy, they won Championship status at the 2001 National Harmony Sweepstakes, a prestigious annual a cappella competition.  Their remarkable vocal talents make them a perfect fit with the family of outstanding vocalists represented by LML Music.

      At the hands of SIXTH WAVE, stunning original songs are crafted, jazz standards get a new lease on life, early Beatles hits become solid jazz, haunting original lyrics are added to classic masterpieces, and even Oingo Boingo gets the vocalizing treatment.  The varied backgrounds of the members give them command over many different styles, including jazz, pop, rock, and classical.  Together, they shine as individual soloists as well as a tight vocal ensemble.

      SIXTH WAVE has performed at such noted Los Angeles venues as The Jazz Spot, The Gardenia, the Jazz Bakery and The Cinegrill, and recently shared the spotlight at The Coach House with the popular a cappella pop group Rockapella.

      Visit the official SIXTH WAVE website at www.6thwave.com, the LML Music website at www.lmlmusic.com, and Allegro Music at www.allegro-music.com.