The "APPLAUSE" Show...Exciting News about A Cappella Radio

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2002

      We wanted to share with you some exciting news about The "APPLAUSE" Show and WVRM Radio 1620AM and on the INternet at www.village radio.com

      We have been at WVRM Radio since January of this year with the show that has been on the air since 1997.  WVRM is in the process of upgrading it's streaming to CD/MP3 quality broadcast streaming.  The station is now preparing to launch a "Subscription" program of fund raising for The "APPLAUSE" Show.  This program will include  1.) The ability to archive each week's "APPLAUSE" Show for access at any time; 2) Additional time slots for Barbershop or A Cappella programming; 3) Simulcasting other live shows and other still undefined benefits .  The program would reserve a dedicated "stream" for each subscriber so that the subscriber would always be GUARANTEED to have uninterrupted, CD quality  music from WVRM.

      NOW HERE IS THE GREAT NEWS!!!  The Owner of the station, Mr. George Louvis, a fan of a cappella and barbershop harmony, has given us this challenge:
                   "If we can sign up 1000 subscribers, he will cgange the format of
                   the STATION to Barbershop and A Cappella Music."

      Imagine....24 hours a day, 365 days a year of great a cappella music and barbershop harmony available to you on your computer!  If WVRM was a 24/7 barbershop and a cappella music station, we would be able to move toward the following :
                   1. We could have live radio shows  like The APPLAUSE Show being                                                                             done all over the world which would be broadcast over the WVRM site.
                   2. We could actually bring you "live" Annual Shows from chapters all over the world and available to every subscriber....imagine, Stu Weinberg from BABS could do the live show from his own town.

      We are SO excited about this program.  We will keep you posted on the progress of the subscription and would welcome your comments about a 24/7 barbershop and a cappella radio STATION,,, pretty incredible......

      Thanks for the bandwidth...
      Rich Taylor....for
      The "APPLAUSE" Show Team
      Rich Taylor - Host, Rich Pearson - On-Air personality,
      T.J. Barranger - Engineer
      Every Thursday Night from 6:30pm-11:00PM (Eastern)
      On the Internet at:
      WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      EMAIL AT:
      applause@...
      Winner of the 2000 P.R.O.B.E. "Outstanding Achievement Award
      Winner of the 2000 MAD "Award of Excellence in Public Relations