737Vocal Jazz Quartet forming on the Westside

  • strategiccreative
    Sep 10 2:48 PM
      I'm an experienced amateur singer looking to put together a
      performance-oriented vocal jazz quartet (but not limited to jazz -
      anything we like that sounds good is fair game). If you're interested,
      email me with your range; the evenings you're available to rehearse
      (I'm planning to rehearse once a week in Santa Monica, but if you want
      to host rehearsals, I'll consider a different location); and a bit
      about your musical background.

      It isn't necessary that you sightread perfectly (I don't!), but I
      expect you to be able to take sheet music home and learn it relatively
      rapidly. I want to build up a repertoire and perform. It goes without
      saying that you must be able to commit to regular, reliable
      attendance, and that you must be able to hold your pitch accurately
      against other singers. There will be an audition.

      I'm a bass/baritone, and I have a good friend who's a tenor who is
      excited about this project. We haven't decided whether to go with a
      SATB or a TTBB configuration. We'll decide based on the replies we
      receive.

      If you're interested, or would like more information, please contact
      me at strategiccreative@....

      Thanks,

      David